Why do you post?

by avidbiblereader 33 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I am not talking about questions or inquirying about what to do with a problem.

When you post what are some of the reasons you give your thoughts on matters?

For me, I enjoy talking to others who can understand my experience but more importantly for me, I know there are lurkers or people right on the fringes who are sick of all of it. I try to give a Biblical explanation on matters that shows the error of going beyond the things written. I dont feel nor do I believe I am totally right on any matter but the Bible is so clear when you leave behind the WT philosophy?

Oh, by the way I really enjoy others thoughts and some are just too funny. I have completely lost it sitting in front of the PC. Thanks for all your thoughts.

abr

• daystar
    daystar
    For me, I enjoy talking to others who can understand my experience but more importantly for me, I know there are lurkers or people right on the fringes who are sick of all of it. I try to give a Biblical explanation on matters that shows the error of going beyond the things written. I dont feel nor do I believe I am totally right on any matter but the Bible is so clear when you leave behind the WT philosophy?

ABR

I'm glad people like you are here because I often suspect can't do much for your target audience. In fact, I may even hurt the cause inadvertently by seeming to be so far removed.

What I really appreciate in you, however, is your ability to accept your fallibility, really, the fallibility of our ideas. I respect that.

When I post in response to serious threads, I often simply like to see people pushing the boundaries of their paradigms, regardless what it may be, always questioning.

If there is one thing I've learned, it's that nothing is ever, ultimately, certain.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Avid,

I benefit from your posts as you always refer to scripture, something of which I personally need to be reminded. What I read or say today can benefit me and any "hearer" [i.e., reader on JWD] to whom I pass on the information. If, as I have posted before, the story of what happened to the Dunlaps and the Franzes 27 or so years ago can galvanize me into action today [see Mouthy's thread on "Ray"], then what little I do here everyday is bound to help someone. One person's voice will effect change - sooner or later!

Thanx ABR!

CoCo

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I post because I get bored swinging the cat around the room by it`s tail...OUTLAW

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

When we first started looking on this forum, we were amazed at all the lovely people posting here, and the great answers that they were giving, it was such a help for us in coming to terms with being "taken in" by the Org.

Now we post, to share with others, and hopefully encourage others.

Twinkletoes and Kaytee

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I don't post much, but I love JWD for the welth of smart people that do post on the board...

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Daystar and CoCo, thank you so much for the compliment but I too have benefited from so many others such as yourselves

Proverbs 27:17 17 As iron sharpens iron,
    so a friend sharpens a friend.

abr

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I would post more if this forum was more MAC friendley...

• Warlock
    Warlock

I have no idea.

Warlock

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Everybody on this board has got their own thoughts & opinions on matters and thats why i post mine because i feel i've got mine also to offer.Thats what i find great about this Website that everyone now has got their own mind instead of once having been assimilated by the JW teachings and have now broke free from its cold,icy grasp.

'avidbiblereader' i really enjoy your posts & comments, it seems you enjoy this website also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit