Why do you post?

by avidbiblereader 33 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I pay $29.99 a month for internet and freely list as my reasons for doing so, good conversation with others. I do many things online, but posting on a message board is also one of them. Message boards are one of the most popular items online, and I can say that I understand why and enjoy them too.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

She calls out to the man on the street
    sir, can you help me?
    Its cold and Ive nowhere to sleep,
    Is there somewhere you can tell me?

He walks on, doesnt look back
    He pretends he cant hear her
    Starts to whistle as he crosses the street
    Seems embarrassed to be there

Oh think twice, its another day for
    You and me in paradise
    Oh think twice, its just another day for you,
    You and me in paradise

She calls out to the man on the street
    He can see shes been crying
    Shes got blisters on the soles of her feet
    Cant walk but shes trying

Oh think twice...

Oh lord, is there nothing more anybody can do
    Oh lord, there must be something you can say

You can tell from the lines on her face
    You can see that shes been there
    Probably been moved on from every place
    cos she didnt fit in there

Oh think twice...

• looking_glass
    looking_glass
    I hope that people who can relate will answer me. Even if they don't, it's very
    refreshing to get things out of my system.

Same for me.

And, I know this is petty, but there is a poster who signed on around the same time as me and when I see that they are gaining on me w/ posts, I post more. I know, I know, it is petty, but it is the competitive side of me coming out!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

For me, there are a lot of great people on this board, and I'm thankful that so many people feel comfortable to share their experiences. We all share a common bond, and It's nice to read and share our similar stories, and perhaps learn of a few stories that we had no idea that "Jehovah's People" would ever do.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

sometimes i post to heal. sometimes i post to joke. sometimes i post because i hope my own experience in the religion might help someone else. sometimes i post because i read something and i just can't help but say something.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    And, I know this is petty, but there is a poster who signed on around the same time as me and when I see that they are gaining on me w/ posts, I post more. I know, I know, it is petty, but it is the competitive side of me coming out!

Looking Glass! It's me, isnt' it?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Raises hand

Gets mic

"Same Thought as Good Girl/Bad Girl"

• ZEN
    ZEN

I think it is because of loneliness I feel right now, I don't really know

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I post because I couldn't just read about all the similar things that people are going through and not comment. Also, the backwards jw teachings have damaged me physically, emotionally, financially, and socially, and that organization deserves many thorns until the day they are finally shut down and their hypocritical leaders carted off to jail.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

^^^^That was a good post...^^^^

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit