YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS!! ONE OF THE JWs THAT EGGED OUR HOUSE KNOCKED

by Lady Liberty 56 Replies latest jw friends

• abbagail
    abbagail

Greaaaaat story about the unexpected witnessing opportunity! I can hear a seed being planted in fertile soil!

---------------------

Re: the Catacombs... Early Tuesday morning (5:30 am/ET) I just happened to see this week's "Driving Through History" show which airs several times a week on TBN, and it just so happens that the host of the show, David Stotts, was visiting the Catacombs this very week. Miles and miles of underground tunnels, etc. He walks through them so the viewing audience can see for themselves.

As a matter of fact, the show airs again tonight, Wed., 1/3/07, at 10pm Pacific Time on TBN, and it will be on again Saturday 1/6 at 8pm Pacific, if anyone is interested.

FWIW, here's just "general info" about the show (not specific to this week's segment re: the catacombs):

-------------------------------------

David Stotts - Drive Thru History

Program Schedule: This Week's Program Schedule:
    Tue 1/2 2:30 AM - 3:00 AM
    Wed 1/3 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM
    Sat 1/6 8:00 PM - 8:30 PM
    Note: All times are Pacific Time. All programs are subject to change without notice.

http://www.tbn.org/index.php/2/4/p/435.html

Drive Thru History is a joy ride through the fast lane of times-gone-by led by the irreverent but always relevant Dave Stotts. Dave doesn’t just talk about history; he lives it in fast, easy-to-digest road trips. Like the trip to the Coliseum in Rome where Dave accidentally picks a fight with one of those cheesy "Roman Guards" who’ll pose for a picture for a couple of Euros. Suddenly, Dave is Maximus in a fight to the death (in his mind, that is). Drive Thru History is a series that makes exploring the history of Western Civilization meaningful and totally entertaining at the same time. Dave might start in Egypt or Mesopotamia and check out the ancient civilizations and then on his way out of town spin by Greece. With a major excursion through the Roman Empire, Dave will be sure to open ‘er up in Europe with an eventual side trip to America. With Dave Stotts as your guide, you’ll definitely enjoy the ride. You might even learn a thing or two about history and how we’re all connected to these places and events. This is over 2500 years of history…so we had better make it fast. And who wants to be lectured to…so we’d better make it fun. And what about all the strange and interesting things that crop up along the way? That’s part of the story. Remember, Ferdinand Magellan, Marco Polo, and Christopher Columbus…never had a driver’s license.

You can visit the website at www.coldwatermedia.com

----------------------------------

/abbagail

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

LadyLib, I am thrilled almost to tears with this one. How about that. What would Jesus do, indeed? Wow. Kudos, well done. Your Hubby should get a medal!!!!

I love this one so much: "Please say something I disagree with."

Awesome. What an update!!!

Cheers and HOORAY!!!
    Baba.

• cheen
    cheen

I hate to be the skeptic , but IMHO I say wait till he becomes a card-carrying JW again and he'll "attack" you guys again. I mean for someone to have that much animousity for persons who celebrate christmas seems to be deep-seated. He was just trying to keep from going to jail for vandalism.

• whyizit
    whyizit

How totally cool is that?!!!!

And thanks for posting about the catacombs. A friend of mine told me how there were thousands of apostolic age Christians accounted for in Acts, and sure enough!!!!! I read all the way through and put a little "#" everywhere it talked about the numbers of converts. I don't see how there could have been many openings left by the time Russell came on the scene.

My hat is off to your husband! He may have just released the boonds for that guy!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Next time a Jehovah's Witness suggests that many of the early Christians who were martyred were "professed Christians," ask them if that is how they also feel about the Jehovah's Witnesses who died in the concentration camps.

This story hopefully will have a good and happy ending.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I disagree with you, Mr. Cheen. Your quote: "I hate to be the skeptic , but IMHO I say wait till he becomes a card-carrying JW again and he'll "attack" you guys again. I mean for someone to have that much animousity for persons who celebrate christmas seems to be deep-seated. He was just trying to keep from going to jail for vandalism."

My thoughts were exactly the opposite. More of a "Methinks they doth protest too much" sort of observation... as in, what DOES bother them so much about it? And look at it this way, too... they certainly are not good little JW's to have done such a thing.

I have known too many people in my life who protest something LOUDLY and then completely immerse themselves in self-same pool later on...

Cheers!
    Baba.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hi everyone,

Please see my latest topic for an update!! You are not going to believe what happened today!!

L.L.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit