YOU WONT BELIEVE THIS!! ONE OF THE JWs THAT EGGED OUR HOUSE KNOCKED

by Lady Liberty 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Unbelieveable!!!

Well, that was unbelieveable!! Just after I posted our latest ordeal with our JW neighbors, and their JW friends pulling down our frosty, egging our house and car, we got a knock on the door! It was 7:00PM and one of the jerks I saw out my window New Years Eve, was standing in the doorway.

He immediately began to apologise all over himself for egging our house, and after a while he revieled who the other two were. My JW neighbor didn't actually throw the eggs, or pull down frosty, but he was out there laughing just the same at what his other JW buddies did. My husband asked him who else in the house knew, and he said two of the three wives knew what they did.

I guess he got a call from my neighbor telling him that one of the neighbors saw them. So he was then compelled to come over and apologise. What is weird though, is that either he was lied to, or perhaps, a neighbor also saw it and called him on it. Either way, we know know who did it for sure. I do feel whatever the motive was for him coming by, I feel he was sincere. He is physically a grown man in his 30's, but mentally doesn't appear to be all there.

My husband asked him why they would do such a thing, something drove them to decide to do this. He said they were just being stupid. Much later he admitted it was because they figured we were celebrating Christmas, and it has pagan roots. My husband informed him it was no more pagan then the wedding ring on his finger. And went into how much of the wedding customs witnesses practice are pagan in orgin.

He asked why we stopped going to the meetings, which opened the door for him to tell him about how we first began to question 607. And how shocked we were to learn that what history says is not consistant with the society. He then showed him how 1914 was a farce, and the identifying of the 144,000 would not have begun then and reasoned about the catacombs in Rome that are filled with millins of dead Christians. All who died because of their faith in the ransom. Would there not have been 144,000 collected with just them alone if it was in fact a literal number??

My husband told him that without 1914, the governing body has no authority. And he told him about how the society teaches Jesus is the Mediator for the 144,000 only. He was again shocked.

He told him about 1975, and long before that in the 1800s how they were prophecying the end of the world back then, and then all the different other dates armagedon was supposed to come.

He told told him that Russell got alot of his ideas from the Millerites...he told him about how stuff that was in print in the old literature has been reprinted to make it look as if certain things were never in print.

He told him about how no where at all can you find any scriptures speaking of paradise on earth. That they all refer to a heavenly place being paradise.

The JW admitted that it has been a long time since he has been active, and that he was just recently starting to go back to the meetings and do alot of studying..my husband encouraged him to use the brain God gave him and really read the Bible. He explained that when we saw that things were not adding up, and that what was being taught from the organization was different from what was in the Bible, we had to make a decision. That was why we stopped going to meetings.

My husband told him he did not agree with judicial meetings, and how a person who has sinned, should be forgiven, not re- victimised by being quized a million questions about what kind of panties she was wearing and wether she came or not..etc! He agreed, that that didn't seem nessecesary. My husband asked him, do you think Jesus asked the prostitute what kid of sex she had and if she enjoyed it and what kind of panties she wore?? No! He simply said,Your sins are forgiven." He agreed.

At one point he said to my husband, "Please say something I disagree with." In other words, I cannot believe I am agreeing with apostate reasoning.

At the end of 2-1/2 hours, he again apologised, and even more sincerely, again I thought he was going to cry. He asked for my husband to apologise to me for him, and my huband accepted his apology. He said he was really shocked my husband didn't lay into him. My husband said, "No. It took a big man to come here and apologise. What good would it have done to lay into you. Aren't we all brothers? What would Jesus do? You have apologised, and I accept." They hugged, and my husband told him that if ever he has any questions, if he ever does any research, then he would be happy to help him. He said ok. This is a guy who my husband has known since he was a teenager, and since the JW was a baby!

Anyhow......WOW!! We were not expecting that!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Gill
    Gill

A bit and definite WOW, LL!

Who would have thought it would lead to 2 and 1/2 hours of discussion about the WTBTS!

Very impressive!

I wonder what this man will say when he gets home and they all ask 'What did they say?' !

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

Wow what an amazing turn of events. thats great!!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I wonder what this man will say when he gets home and they all ask 'What did they say?' !

Dear Gill,

Well, he said he skipped meeting to come over here, and that his wife didn't know he was coming over.

He said he wasn't going to tell the other two JWs that he came over.. to have them come apologise on their own. However, I think he doesn't want them to think he was weak by apologising. It will be interesting to see if my JW neighbor or his wife will look us in the face!

Sincerlely,

L.L.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

at this rate next year they will celebrate Christmas with you.

• dare2be
    dare2be

Hi Lady Liberty

He asked why we stopped going to the meetings, which opened the door for him to tell him about how we first began to question 607. And how shocked we were to learn that what history says is not consistant with the society. He then showed him how 1914 was a farce, and the identifying of the 144,000 would not have begun then and reasoned about the catacombs in Rome that are filled with millins of dead Christians. All who died because of their faith in the ransom. Would there not have been 144,000 collected with just them alone if it was in fact a literal number??

An excellent point. Thanks for sharing your exp - very encouraging

Does this now mean that you have a bible study next door?

d2b

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

at this rate next year they will celebrate Christmas with you. Dear searching4truth, LOLOLOLO!!! My husband told him.. The society teaches only the negative stuff about birthdays..but they don't mention that when Jesus was born all the angels in the heavens rejoiced, and that even Job celebrated the birth of his children. Infact, that is what they were doing when his children were killed. They were celebrating each one his day. And Job was considered by Jehovah one of the meekest of all men alive, and was approved of by Jehovah! He didn't know what to say about that either! I told my husband, that maybe his heart was such that he is being drawn out, and perhaps this whole thing happened for a reason. You never know! SIncerely, Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Does this now mean that you have a bible study next door?

Dear d2b,

NO..this was a JW friend of the JW next door. (Does that make sence??) The JW next door has yet to come apologise. I don't look for him to though. He is the proud type! But maybe I will be wrong..lets hope so! My mom did ask me though, if my husband was going to count his time! HA HA HA!!

Sincerely,

L.L.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

LL

Is that true there were millions of christians in the tombs? If so where is the reference for that?

• Confession
    Confession

Remarkable experiece. Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit