80's Metal

by troucul 52 Replies latest social entertainment

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I hated the plethora of "hair metal" bands so much, but I always loved Metallica (until they started to suck in the '90s)....I always thought their sound reminded me more of virtuoso classical music than the rest of the "heavy metal" genre I heard.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I was always a fan of Metallica too although they did taper off towards their 'load' and 'reload' albums; nice to see them return to form with 'St Anger' though.

In the 80s I also used to listen to W.A.S.P, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Dokken, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmstein, Guns n Roses, Blue Oyster Cult (although they were more 70s). I am sure there was many more but cannot think of them.

Cool music!

Gary

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Oh oh, alot of ex-jw's listen to the devil's music... I think you need to visit your local kingdom hall and flush out your brains with watchtowers... not that there's anything wrong with that.

• heathen
    heathen

scorpions ............. so many kick ass songs

• JeffT
    JeffT

I will confess that KISS and GNR did a couple of songs I like. I hated all the hair bands. I'm with Flying High and a couple of others. Real Rock happened in the late sixties. In the course of a year I saw The Doors, Cream, Led Zepplin, The Who, The Grateful Dead, and a few others I was probably too stoned to remember now.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Now that I think of it, Dave Mustaine from Megadeth, wasn't his mom a witness?

• Spectre
    Spectre

Just looked it up on Google and yes, she was.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I can't believe no one has mentioned Danzig yet.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

After reading this i can gladly say..thank God Nirvana came along!!

Tho i was a fan of metallica .

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

ozzy osbourne, lita ford, twisted sister, joan jett and the black heart's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit