80's Metal

by troucul 52 Replies latest social entertainment

• troucul
    troucul

I'm downloading songs for a 80's metal CD. I got Cinderella, White Lion, Europe, Autogragh, Asia, Poison, Trixter, White Lion, Enuff z' Nuff and Ratt. Am I missing anyone? I'm giving everyone one free pass to give one suggestion. After that, you're an official lover of butt rock.

And before anyone makes any accusations, Yeah, So What? I like the butt rock! Screw you...

• Confession
    Confession

How 'bout Quiet Riot?

• troucul
    troucul

Too over the top, gay, etc. I'm looking for the bands that made some sort of attempt at being quaint. Remember "Tears of the Dragon", by Bruce Dickinson?

• free2beme
    free2beme

Motley Crew, Dokken, Winger, Metallica, Guns N Roses, Ozzy, oooooh there are so many. The hair bands, the crazy men wearing woman's lingerie. Oh, I miss the 80's ... we were an odd bunch.

• Confession
    Confession

Wow, dude. We've categorized some of these bands a bit differently. If you're looking for something that's--as you say--less "gay," how can you allow Cinderella and Poison on your list? While a rock radio DJ in the 80s, I once interviewed Ricky Rockett of Poison. Really nice guy. Almost too nice, if you know what I mean. (Seinfeld moment: "Not that there's anything wrong with that.")

• Purza
    Purza

Queensryche.

Purza

• free2beme
    free2beme

Queensryche

How could I forget this group, I just saw them in concert in October. It was a sit down meal, and very enjoyable. They are still an amazing band.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

With an exception of Metallica, a truly talented band that does not deserve to be listed with 80's metal/hair bands, I feel this way about 80's Metal.

• troucul
    troucul

Queensryche...damn. Silent Lucidity was a good tune. That and Jet City Woman.

Ricky Rocket? I saw them in Hartford CT summer '99. That was a year after the Billy Joel debacle. Who burns down an outdoor stadium after a Billy Joel concert? People in Connecticut do.

As far as Ricky being a really 'nice guy'? I suppose after you've had any female tail under the sun, one might want to try something new. But I'm a long way away from that state of mind.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Any 80's metal list wouldn't be complete without Judas Priest's, You've Got Another Thing Coming. Maybe some Van Halen, Running With The Devil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit