80's Metal

by troucul 52 Replies latest social entertainment

• freedom96
    freedom96

I appreciate any kind of music that either showcases true talent, or sometimes I just want to be entertained.

All in all, I loved the music of the 80's, including the hair bands.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

"Harvester of Sorrow" and "Welcome Home" are such flawless songs imho. Why the hell I don't yet have them on my iPod, I don't know....

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Guns N Roses
    Def Leppard
    Bon Jovi
    Winger
    Warrant
    Lita Ford
    Motley Crue
    Skid Row
    Queensryche

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Many metal bands from the 80's had a few catchy songs, but you can't rightly lump the Quiet Riots, Motley Crues, Poisons, and Ratts of the world in with bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Queensryche, and Metallica. (rant on) With the qualifier on Metallica of strictly albums 2, 3 and 4 (Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, And Justice for All) being good - and no they have not returned to their roots with St. Anger as was mentioned - they still suck haaaaaard like they have done ever since the black album/hair cutting fiasco. If you don't agree, go back and listen to Ride the Lightning, or even better, Master of Puppets. That was actual musicianship. Not white trash, NASCAR loving, infantile, crap. NASCAR reference is from Fuel (a song I despise). "Gimme' fuel, Gimme' fire, Gimme' that which I desire". Oh...my...frigging...God...vomit. What stupid, stupid, crap. (rant off )

I enjoyed St Anger, it had a lot of the aggression that was present in the earlier stuff; I agree with you that Ride the Lightening, Master of Puppets, and And Justice for All were their best albums however. The 'Load' and 'Reload' albums did suck haaaaaard and as far as 'Fuel' is concerned, I laughed out loud when I first heard that track, lame with a capital L.

"Harvester of Sorrow" and "Welcome Home" are such flawless songs imho

Totally agreed, as well as the title track from And Justice....amazing!

DB74

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

B A N G YOUR H E A D ! ! ! Quiet Riot came to mind right away when I read...80's

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

::Too over the top, gay, etc. I'm looking for the bands that made some sort of attempt at being quaint.

No way, 80's rock is great, even the so-called "cheesy stuff". I love 80's hair metal (even though I didn't get into it until the 90's when I was old enough to listen to my own music).
    Here's one I don't think was mentioned, Faster Pussycat, House of Pain. great song. Rock On.

• troucul
    troucul

I always enjoyed the interview a few years ago with Ricky Rachtman. He recounted how he would have to interview bands like Trixter all the while hating himself as well as them. He thought he was selling out having to talk to those jerks. And I vaguely remember the interview with Trixter. They had nothing substantive to say. I think they were just talking about the dirt bikes in their video. Needless to say Ricky thought they sucked.

"Give it to me good" was a good tune though.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Motorhead

"Ace of Spades" was the thrashiest piece of punk metal attitude until James Hetfield discovered what a fuzz box was,....lol

btw, early metallica (pre-black album) was the best, hands down

• avishai
    avishai

How 'bout manowar?

Also, fastway, their lead singer is now the singer in Flogging molly.

Another butt-rock band that's changed? The trans-siberian orchestra? Used to be Savatage.

• avishai
    avishai

And did anyone mention Loudness or EZO two great 80's metal bands?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit