Feb 15, 2007 WT Article: Women: Obey Your Hubbies!!

by Mary 54 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Mary - the Witchtower did not condemn slavery, or the lack of civil rights for non-europeans.

It maybe deserves a separate thread, but it is well documented that the Kingdumb Hells in the south were among the very last to desegragate their meetings. On the grounds that it might stumble newly interested ones, or those with more traditional witness/Bible student ideas on the "colored" races.

HB

• gumby
    gumby
    Now with this new article, "light has become brighter" and we can scratch off number 3. Leave number 2, it is more important you leave your husband because he is an apostate or prohibiting one from attending meetings but, stay and let him beat you to death, you will be dying obeying "Jehovah" and will have the hope of resurrection. In fact did you notice that Physical abuse is number 3 on their list of reasons and Spiritual endangerment is above it? They consider that a better motive than Physical abuse.

This new article will fly over the heads of abused women like a lead turd i'm assuming. Abused women will use the older articles on this rather than take a beating from an asswipe wife beater. Also, other sisters who know of an abused womans plight will encourage her to leave.....imo.

Btw....welcome Cindy

Gumby

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumbers said: other sisters who know of an abused womans plight will encourage her to leave.....imo.

Not necessarily. In my old Hall, there was a brother who used to beat the crap out of his wife. Another sister (one of my best friends) found out about it and instead of going to the elders, she took this woman to the police station. The elders were furious and paid a visit to my girlfriend to try and intimidate her. Didn't work. She's mouthier than what I am and she knows the laws of the land better than I do. The elders tried saying that she could be in trouble for "gossip" and that she had "brought reproach upon God's Organization" by going to the police. She didn't bat an eye and informed them that no, it wasn't her, but THEM that could be in trouble for trying to cover wife-beating, which is a crime here, up. They got nervous and left.

My point is though, most sisters at the Hall do not have the balls to go head to head with the elders and risk losing their position in the congregation. Moreover, they don't want to be seen as "troublemakers", because that can get you into some serious trouble. In my experience, most sisters in the Hall will NOT encourage another sister to leave her husband if he's beating her. Maybe that's just in my area.....anyone else have a different thought on this?

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

perhaps now faithful husbands can use the Rod of Discipline on these rebellious wife's LOL

• Robert222
    Robert222

Notice how anyone who has had contact with JW know that they continually allow this weird old fashioned behavior between a man and a woman. They don't believe in evolution yet this seems like old cave man behavior from the movies, where the man drags the woman by the hair! Again the JW articles leave my head spinning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit