Feb 15, 2007 WT Article: Women: Obey Your Hubbies!!

by Mary 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Page 18 is the pathetic Craptower article, telling women (who have apparently gotten above themselves) that they must be "obedient" to their husbands. The entire article is nauseating, and obviously written by bitter old men who have major issues with the opposite sex. I'm not going to write the whole thing, but here's a few 'highlights':

Par. 2: "..Despite that fine beginning (creation of Eve), a movement called women's literation---an attempt by women to break free from male domination--began in the early 1960s in the USA. (gives statistics of how many women abandon their families).....Now it seems woment swear , drink, , smoke and behave immorally as much as men do. So are women happier? No. In some countries, about half of the people who marry eventually divorce. Has the effort by some women to improve their marital situation made matters bettter or worse?"

I find it very interesting that the boneheads in the Writing Dept. at Crooklyn, have the balls to blanket the idea that women are no better off than they were before Women's Liberation. To me, that's like stating that black people are no happier or better off than they were before Civil Rights. Of course, the GB, or whoever it is that writes this shit, don't back up their outlandish ideas with any statistics or proof (what a huge surprise), but as per usual, they simply make a statement, give their opinion and expect everyone to blindly believe them.

Par 3: "....regarding marrige, the Devil has made it appear restrictive and harsh. The propaganda he promotes through the media of this world--of which he is the ruler---is designed to make God's instructions seem unfair and out of date.."

I know what you're thinking: Sooo, Satan de Debbil is running CNN, Dateline, The Fifth Estate and all the other networks that exposed the pedophile problem within the Organization. I just knew they'd slip something stupid like that in there. As for the bible's view on marriage seeming out of date, well ya, no kidding---it was only written in a culture 2,000 years ago where women were considered not much better than a slave, yet you never hear the GB bitching and complaining that slavery should still be around.....

The next few paragraphs drone on about "choosing" a mate and actually insinuates that maybe you should let your parents chose one for you. Paragraph 8 reinforces the old "...the head of the woman is the man.." crap. Paragraph 11 pissed me off because there's a not-so-subtle suggestion that a woman should stay with her husband, even if they's abusive:

"...When encouraging Christians to be submissive even to harsh, unjust authorities, Peter explained [we should follow Christ's steps closely]. After describing how much Jesus suffereed and how he submissively endured, Peter encourage wives of unbelieving husbands [to do the same thing and to 'win them without a word.].."

Par 12: (this really pissed me off): "...Peter indicated that some unbelieving husbands---even those who are abusive--will become Christians after observing the submissive conduct of their wives. We have seen evidence of this happening today.

If that's not a 'hint' that a wife should stay with her abusive husband, I don't know what is and this disgusts me to know end. The fact that in 2007, these stinking old goats are STILL encouraging women to put up with physical, mental and emotional abuse by their husbands, is truly PATHETIC. How many women at the Hall get the shit beat out of them, or watch hubby beat their kids just before they all pile in the car to go to the Meeting? What is that teaching the children?! How do these morons sleep at night after writing this kind of trash?!

It then talks about how Sarah called Abraham "Lord" and paragraph 19 reiterates again that wives must be in subjection to their husbands. Paragraph 20 calls it "a command" and paragraph 21 tells you that Jehovah will "bless you" if you don't forget your place, endure anything your husband choses to dish out to you and keep your mouth shut.

The week after is all about children being obedient to their parents. I can hardly wait!!

• restrangled
    restrangled

I'm gagging.

r.

• kls
    kls
    ).....Now it seems woment swear , drink, , smoke and behave immorally as much as men do. So are women happier? No.

Yes !!!!! they are .................... This whole dribble crap has me lmao . They ( the moronic wt farts) really think we are stupid and will keep being put down and walked upon ...........Hummm, kinda funny as to the elders and their flock are scared to death of me.......lol

BOO!!!

• kls
    kls
    "...Peter indicated that some unbelieving husbands---even those who are abusive--will become Christians after observing the submissive conduct of their wives. We have seen evidence of this happening today.

Ummmm, like to see them prove this

Note how they didn't say they had to be JWS I see a typo

• Amazing
    Amazing

Mary,

Par 12: (this really pissed me off): "...Peter indicated that some unbelieving husbands---even those who are abusive--will become Christians after observing the submissive conduct of their wives. We have seen evidence of this happening today.

Incredible ... and they GB guys wonder why they are in the courts on the child abuse issue ... next, they will be in courts spelling the word d-e-f-e-n-d-a-n-t because they encourged this sort of crap. Well, if getting sued is what they like, then their going to get it.

Jim Whitney

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

I was at a witness gathering a couple of days ago when I heard an elder speak of why he didn't want any kids in "this system". He basically said that he wanted "perfectly obedient" kids. I couldn't think that it might be better if him and his stupid wife would rather be suited for getting a dog. But then, why should even a dog be subjected to that crap.

• Odrade
    Odrade

What a load of crap. Pssst, anyone... a scan would be very useful...*hint*hint*

• Schism
    Schism

Ok now c'mon give me a scan! 2 posts about this article and I'm still in the dark here I want to take a look!!!

Oh my god, I know my dad has read that one and he is hiding it from me because it would spell out my DA letter for sure!!! I went to their house in search of that mag (while they were out) and I noticed that there was not one single copy in the house. I cannot believe they thought to hide it from me.

Oh yeah, I love how the WTS turd-headed fart-in-a-bottle men are saying the women's movement caused the breakup of families. Maybe it's because all those beaten and abused wives saw a ticket out of a living HELL, so they took it! How unbelievebly politically incorrect they are! What's next?!? An article belittling black people? How disgusting. I think I want to sue them for hurting my feelings (psst, not!).

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Mary,

Thank you for always giving these old men a kick in the balls with all your great posts!!!

It was well known at our Kingdumb Hall that a certain brother was abusing his wife. All the elders knew but never said anything to him.He wouldn't let his wife : call anyone on the phone,couldn't turn on the air-conditioner,use too much hot water,shop at any stores without his permission,drive the car until he got home from work,and would have to give details of where she was and what she did all day.

According to the WTS,if she ever left this jerk,she couldn't ever get remarried.It would be a disfellowshipping offense.But if some brother had sex for 2 minutes with someone other than his wife,the wife would be able to get remarried.That takes the cake!!!!

• searching4truth
    searching4truth
    WTS turd-headed fart-in-a-bottle men

Schism I love you but your insults suck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit