Feb 15, 2007 WT Article: Women: Obey Your Hubbies!!

by Mary 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Jin
    Jin

My mothers love for Jehovah and her 'submissiveness' to the elders as well as many other contributing factors made her stay in her marriage .

Now thats guiding the sheep for you!

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67
    Par 12: (this really pissed me off): "...Peter indicated that some unbelieving husbands--- even those who are abusive --will become Christians after observing the submissive conduct of their wives. We have seen evidence of this happening today.

Oh dear God!

I remember a District Convention years ago, where a sister related her story on how horrible her marriage was for 20 years where her husband continuosly and repetedely punch her every day and for going to the meetings. And there she was, proudly telling her story because after all those years of misery he finally became a Witness. Touching isn't it? Like I've always said those experiences are given in Conventions for a reason. To have every woman there think that if they divorce their husbands because they beat the sh** out of them, they are not being spiritual and submisive.

That is what I don't figure out with this people. They make you feel unworthy and unspiritual if you don't think like that.

• Mary
    Mary
    I remember a District Convention years ago, where a sister related her story on how horrible her marriage was for 20 years where her husband continuosly and repetedely punch her every day and for going to the meetings. And there she was, proudly telling her story because after all those years of misery he finally became a Witness.

Ya.....funny how they never give any talks or demonstrations on women they become suicidal because of the mental, emotional and spiritual battering they take after listening to this kind of crappy advise. How many men in Bethel would put up with being smacked around before they rebelled? More to the point: How long would a member of the Governing Body put up with being physically abused by their mate before they packed their bags?

• dare2be
    dare2be

Par 12: (this really pissed me off): "...Peter indicated that some unbelieving husbands---even those who are abusive--will become Christians after observing the submissive conduct of their wives. We have seen evidence of this happening today

And Mary, I was just wondering how many battered wives does it take to produce one male christian?

Some armies when confronted by landmines send lots of soldeirs on ahead to detonate the mines and then all the dead bodies become a safe passageway for the rest of the army to follow.

Really what the WTS is saying is - battered wives are dispensible.

dare2be

• potleg
    potleg

Maybe the Borg will outlaw contraception to give all the humble and submissive sisters a fuller role in swelling the ranks. Wasn't it Rutherford who described women as a "hank of hair and a bag of bones"?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It then talks about how Sarah called Abraham "Lord"

What about the rest of the account? In Genesis 21 :12 Jehovah told Abraham to "Listen to her voice" and to do what she advised. Sarah was no wilting flower!

That is my wife's favourite passage of scripture

• wednesday
    wednesday

wow, it posted before i had even typed in anything!

I was saying,

I have a jws 'friend' who can't go see the doc, (or get treatment unless her husband approves) get meds, get gas, pay bills, write a check, I could go on, ie,can't call a plumber, anythig without having the husband take off work to haul her around.

I like being a girl, but that is enough to make you sick. She can't be responsible for anything,her husband handles all of that stuff, shei s a woman.

gag i feel ill

• Gill
    Gill

Wednesday - Sounds like my mother. She is not allowed to do anything or decide on anything. I recently bought her a mobile phone so she could call my dad to pick her up when she has finished on FS! The bugger refuses to answer her phone calls.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67
    Gumbronson said: This info also contradicts what the Society has said regarding scriptural reasons for seperation from your mate. 1) willfull financial neglect 2) spiritual endangerment ( such as a mate prohibiting one from attending meetings or strongly pushing their apostate veiws) 3) Physical abuse, that can endanger or threaten your life.Countless of JW women seperate from their sorryass hubbies who physically abuse them and nothing is said.....at least where I live.(maybe someone can post this from the Watchtower)

Now with this new article, "light has become brighter" and we can scratch off number 3. Leave number 2, it is more important you leave your husband because he is an apostate or prohibiting one from attending meetings but, stay and let him beat you to death, you will be dying obeying "Jehovah" and will have the hope of resurrection. In fact did you notice that Physical abuse is number 3 on their list of reasons and Spiritual endangerment is above it? They consider that a better motive than Physical abuse.

• Gill
    Gill

Cindi_67 - However did you notice what was a number 1?

Yes! Money!!!! If a husband is no longer financially supporting his wife she can't be donating his cash to the WTBTS!!!!!

Of course that had to be their first concern! Suprise, suprise!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit