Feb 15, 2007 WT Article: Women: Obey Your Hubbies!!

by Mary 54 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls
    Sorry no 'studies' in this house, in fact no literature allowed out either!

Hehe, i swear Carla we live in the same house

• carla
    carla

ah yes, I learned from the best didn't I? Can you imagine if I had followed all the nicey nice advice? I'd probably be sitting with some doily on my head right now getting ready to homeschool my kids after our morning spent knocking on doors and teaching girls how to be slaves submissive to their husbands. Proactive it's not just for faces anymore, it's also a way of life.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    The fact that in 2007, these stinking old goats are STILL encouraging women to put up with physical, mental and emotional abuse by their husbands, is truly PATHETIC. How many women at the Hall get the shit beat out of them, or watch hubby beat their kids just before they all pile in the car to go to the Meeting? What is that teaching the children?! How do these morons sleep at night after writing this kind of trash?!

Completely agree Mary; again it falls back to the same treatment being meted out to women as it has over the decades 'women should put up and shut up whilst men can behave how they wish and treat them how they please'

It stinks.

Par 12: (this really pissed me off): "...Peter indicated that some unbelieving husbands--- even those who are abusive --will become Christians after observing the submissive conduct of their wives. We have seen evidence of this happening today.

I have seen some evidence of this at the congregation I used to attend.

A friend of my mothers had an 'unbelieving husband' and lived in a 'divided household' which was abusive; he used to set fire to her publications (although normally I can actually see the sense in this with hindsight); he also used to do the same with her meeting clothes and regularly beat the shit out of her when she returned home from the meetings. Not only this but he used to regularly rape his daughters and one of them even bore a child to him. (Imagine having your daughter call you grandad?)

Never once was she advised to leave him (except from my mother) and never once was she provided with any additional support from the elders given this horrific situation; she stayed with him throughout.

But hey this is where Jehovah blesses her; he eventually started to show an interest in the meetings and jehovahs witnesses (generally about the same time he was infirm and needed more assistance with day to day living) and low and behold he was baptised as a Jehovahs Witness sometime later after having a study and could be regularly seen being pushed around in his wheelchair on the ministry by his loving wife and whoever else volunteered. The ministry group used to meet at his house too, so he had lots of children round him regularly. How blessed she was.

What blessings she received from being faithful throughout all that adversity; what blessings the congregation received in that yet another paedophile and wife abuser was allowed into the congregation without such a mention to those who had children in order to protect them.

Bastards!!

• kls
    kls
    ah yes, I learned from the best didn't I? Can you imagine if I had followed all the nicey nice advice? I'd probably be sitting with some doily on my head right now getting ready to homeschool my kids after our morning spent knocking on doors and teaching girls how to be slaves submissive to their husbands. Proactive it's not just for faces anymore, it's also a way of life.

Yep, been there and nicey , the only thing nicey does is give you 1 step up from the dog, that is if you are obedient enough .

• Gill
    Gill

Bloody Hell, DB! That is an horrific story!!!!

But in Watchtower land, those of us in the 'know' realise it can happen.....too easily!

• Mary
    Mary
    he eventually started to show an interest in the meetings and jehovahs witnesses (generally about the same time he was infirm and needed more assistance with day to day living) and low and behold he was baptised as a Jehovahs Witness sometime later after having a study and could be regularly seen being pushed around in his wheelchair on the ministry by his loving wife and whoever else volunteered. The ministry group used to meet at his house too, so he had lots of children round him regularly. How blessed she was.

Jesus Christ, that is pathetic. Although I guess it's understandable why the WTS would be so attractive to chauvanistic, controlling pedophiles. I mean, if a pig, like the one you described above can see that a religion is actually encouraging his wife to put up with his abuse, then naturally that's going to appeal to him. He comes 'into the Truth' knowing full well that he can practice his God-given right to bash his wife and kids around, rape them, and do anything he pleases, although this time, he's got the backing of the church. Plus, if he's really sneaky, he can become an MS or elder, which gives him even more power and authority as well as more opportunities to do as he pleases.

Several years ago when I still went, the WT study was on this very subject. One of the elders (an asshole of the first order) actually made the comment that if a husband comes home at the end of the day and is in a bad mood and hits his wife, then she has to forgive him. I was stunned and furious that no one corrected him on this, so I went up to the moron after the meeting and said "...So I guess if I come into the KH one day in a bad mood and I knock your teeth down your throat, that means you have to forgive me eh?" He was clearly angry that I----a mere woman----would dare to make such a comment to him---a man AND an elder and for a moment I could see that he (literally) wanted to hit me, but I guess he had enough brain cells working to realize that I probably wasn't the woman he wanted to try that on. Stupid jerkoff.

• Gill
    Gill

Wow, Mary! I am seriously impressed!!! Well done!

What a total turd he was....and probably still is!

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

Stupid old farts in Brooklyn. If I wanted total obedience from my wife I would have married a robot.

Excellent Mary,

I would only question one of your points. You said they don't promote slavery, while that is true they really don't need to as they already have 6 million slaves and they know it. And they do beat them as well if only emotionally and spritually.

• Mary
    Mary
    2112 said: You said they don't promote slavery, while that is true they really don't need to as they already have 6 million slaves and they know it. And they do beat them as well if only emotionally and spritually.

You're absolutely right! I stand corrected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit