Feb 15, 2007 WT Article: Women: Obey Your Hubbies!!

by Mary 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I just let my educated, mature, independent, never been a dub, wife read that crap, and now she is in the kitchen making noises that only dogs and dolphins can hear.

When will I learn!!??!!

• looking_glass
    looking_glass
    After describing how much Jesus suffereed and how he submissively endured, Peter encourage wives of unbelieving husbands [to do the same thing and to 'win them without a word.].."

Hmm, I thought the saying was suppose to be "men, you must love your wives like Christ loved the congregation, to the point that he gave his life for it" Now they are saying, "women, even if your men are abusive to you, you should be like Christ and suck it up". Seem a bit of a switch-a-rue.

As we all know, this is nothing new. Over ten years ago I dealt w/ my JW girl friend's loser JW husband who was cheating on his wife w/ a co-worker. Other then filming Jw hubby and co-worker in the act, we had all the other evidence. When my GF asked for an elders' mtg, you know what happened , loser JW hubby says to elders, I don't want to talk about possible woman at work. Instead he leads the dumb arse elders down a different path and it becomes a "you should be a better wife, cook him dinner, wash his clothes, try to make him want you because clearly he is no longer attracted to you, be obedient, and he will not stray" talk.

Women will always be second class citizens in that religion. We all have our own theories as to why, but the end result is the same ... it is an abusive religion, thru & thru

• Schism
    Schism
    now she is in the kitchen making noises that only dogs and dolphins can hear.

LOL!!!!! Too funny!

Searching4truth, I'm flattered that you love me. My insults... hey, they work for me! Turd is my word

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

This article is the kind of stuff I'm talking about that people need to send in to Dr. Phil along with stories they know about JW wife abuse (and especially JW wife sex s abuse). Is anyone here in a position to do that? Perhaps his staff could be deluged with them....

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I hope all these articles will be used against them in a court of law at some point, when a woman, using the direction of the WTS in their article (which are in effect rules of behaviour you must follow) returns home and ends up dead. And I hope they pay until they are bankrupt. This story reminds me of the one I'm sure we've all heard about the sister who was faithful in the congregation. Everyone knew her unbelieving husband was beating on her and badly, before every meeting, but of course she remained with him, submissive. He took out a gun and shot her in the face permanently blinding her in one eye amongst other things. The man eventually started going to meetings and came into the 'truth'. She was held up as a model for others - by God! she almost got killed and look! now her husband has become one of us! What's a few beatings compared to her suffering? Won't you do it for Jehovah? ......hope we can get a scan of the article........sammieswife.

• Mary
    Mary
    I hope all these articles will be used against them in a court of law at some point, when a woman, using the direction of the WTS in their article (which are in effect rules of behaviour you must follow) returns home and ends up dead.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I first read the article. They've always been chauvenistic to the extreme, but 50 years ago, society in general still had this view. I think a court of law would be stunned that a supposed Christian religion who is always baggering the members to "keep up with Jehover's celestial chariot" could still be lagging so far behind in common sense and common decency by encouraging this sort of nonsense. I'm amazed the Legal Dept. doesn't see the danger in writing such a stupid article.

For those who asked for a scan, I'll try to remember to bring the article in tomorrow and scan it for you.

• DebSmithLopez
    DebSmithLopez

Fortunately, many of the witness husbands I knew (including my dad and my husband at the time) also thought this was a load of crap.

On the other hand, many wanted to be the "head."

We would say for others "he may be the head but she is the neck that turns him."

• carla
    carla

Aww crap! This means more nutty behavior for awhile from my jw. Better warn the kids.

• Mary
    Mary
    Aww crap! This means more nutty behavior for awhile from my jw. Better warn the kids.

Jes make sure you have a "family study" for the next week's Craptower study on how children need to be "obedient" little Christians.

• carla
    carla

Sorry no 'studies' in this house, in fact no literature allowed out either!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit