Women are in subjection to their husbands and to the Elders!!!!!

by Gill 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

The February 15th Watchtower 2007, is spectacularly nauseating!!! At least I found it so.

I would welcome the opinion of all on the board to this sentiment on page 19, paragraph 8 and9:

'Although subjection can be challenging, women can welcome it as honorable, even as did Jesus. While his subjection to God involved suffering, including death on a torture stake, he found joy in being submissive to God. Women can look to Jesus as an example, for the Bible says, 'The head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of Christ is God.' Significantly, however, it is not only when women marry that they come under the headship of men.

'The Bible explains that women, whether married or single, should submit to the headship of spiritually qualified men who exercise oversight int he Christian congregation. When women follow God's direction to do so, they set an example for the angels in God's organization arrangement. In addition, older married women, by their fine example and helpful suggestions, teach younger women to 'subject themselves to their own husbands.'

Anyone elses blood boiling a little!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

That'll put the women in their place.

Anybody else reminded of the phrase "Barefoot and pregnant?"

• Wendy_Warden
    Wendy_Warden

Actually, my church believes the same thing but it doesn't have the same forboding tone to it.

Wendy

• Confession
    Confession

What possibly could they mean by this?

When women follow God's direction to do so, they set an example for the angels in God's organization arrangement.

So the angels are looking down here, saying, "Look at the fine way she lowers herself to all the men. Fine example; fine example indeed!"

Gill, I give you, Blondie and others a lot of credit. I obviously spend a lot of time contributing here, and I'm a well-read person. But I simply cannot subject myself to much of the WTS literature any more. It's exhausting for me.

• Gill
    Gill

Why would any self respecting woman 'subject herself' to an undereducated window/toilet cleaner?

• Gill
    Gill

Confession - You can get a brainwashed person to believe and accept anything at all that you chose to say to them. That's why the WTBTS gets away with this BS!

If we didn't have all our family still in this cult I don't think I'd have that much interest in their Craptower articles. This article, though it has made me exceptionally cross, has also had me laughing!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

So some pimply 15 year old baptised male has headship over sisters who are 4 times his age, and have 400 times his experience of life? I've seen that happen at meetings for field service, when the only "qualified" brother there was a kid who was still at school, and the rest of us, including 2 or 3 in their 50's or 60's, were expected to be in subjection to his headship. He knew it as well, maybe because he was the po's son, and his dad had told him.

The wts has long treated women as 2nd class citizens anyway, and this article shows nothing has changed. It doesn't bother me now I'm out, but I do feel for the sisters who are still jws and have to endure this bs.

Linda

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Judges 9 v 53 "...then a certain WOMAN pitched an upper millstone upon Abimelech's head and broke his skull in pieces"

I bet she didn't ask permission from her husband or the elders first

Anyway, who would argue with a "mere woman", who was strong enough to pitch a millstone !

Twinkletoes

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    'Although subjection can be challenging, women can welcome it as honorable, even as did Jesus. While his subjection to God involved suffering, including death on a torture stake, he found joy in being submissive to God. Women can look to Jesus as an example, for the Bible says, 'The head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of Christ is God.' Significantly, however, it is not only when women marry that they come under the headship of men.

This is no doubt for those of us who never married while in the "christian congregation" and I know that bugged the men. Oh, Good News! We are STILL under their headship no matter if we are married or not!!

'The Bible explains that women, whether married or single, should submit to the headship of spiritually qualified men who exercise oversight int he Christian congregation. When women follow God's direction to do so, they set an example for the angels in God's organization arrangement. In addition, older married women, by their fine example and helpful suggestions, teach younger women to 'subject themselves to their own husbands.'

So wait a minute. The angels, who are are perfect (aren't they?) NEED OUR EXAMPLES!? That's such bullsh*t.

Anyone elses blood boiling a little!

Need you ask!? I just read this to my (male) roommate, and he said it sounded like the Mormon thing we were watching on CNN yesterday, which was about that Warren Jeffs getting arrested. Also, he said he would NEVER want that in a partner because it would be very boring.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

As I always say you have to love the balls of this organization. Here we are in the 21st century and they are still trying to keep women under thumb (or foot.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit