Women are in subjection to their husbands and to the Elders!!!!!

by Gill 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• juni
    juni

Confession said:

Oh my. Do we really have to put Rosie O'Donnell in the same light as Marie Curie and Amelia Earhart?

of course she's not in the same league, but she stood up against an egomaniac man like some of the men at the Hall. Trump is head of the Miss Universe meat contest. ah forget it......

Maybe if you were a women you'd know what I was trying to get across... being a man you didn't experience the glares and flirting of so-called spiritual brothers. Perhaps their "headship" gave them a feeling of some sort of sexual prowess? Don't you know that we women are Jezebels and cause the brothers to succumb to their fleshly desires? /per POs' words. Words like that are demeaning.

Juni - If you want to take it further, PM me.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Just gonna throw out a few comments:

What about the book of Proverbs, where youth is clearly to listen to the wisdom of older men and women? Wouldn't this clearly contradict a group of mature women "submitting" to a 15 year old boy?

Wouldn't the father in the Jewish culture be the spiritual head of the unmarried daughters?

Okay, don't shoot me here, but I will explain what our faith community teaches, based on Scripture, even though it is not politically correct:

as a Christian woman I do submit to the headship of my husband, but it is not because we are not equal. I know you have all heard this before. Scripture clearly teaches that in Christ, we all have equal standing. However, in the family arrangement, there is a hierarchy, even though we have the same nature. This is similar to the relationship between the trinity: the Son is eternally subornidate to the Father, but they share the same essence or nature of deity.

This is not about women not being able to contribute, learn, teach, make a difference in the world, but about their role of teaching in the church. Remember that Eve was deceived, but Adam, not deceived, but chose to not lose Eve as a companion and joined in her disobedience. There is something different in the thinking process of women and men, for which reason men are to have the teaching role in doctrinal matters.

Now I will wait for any fireworks to follow...

• restrangled
    restrangled

As I remember it,........(can you picture this)?

Nothing like a man in a cheap polyester suit, with a big brief case sporting his initials to inspire you to submit. He also usually wore white socks under that suit and a cheap pair of patent leather shoes, with a buzz cut "do" to match, along with very pink, fresh shaved cheeks to match and strutting like a peacock......all this before he opened his mouth!

I cringed and snickered as a teenager, if I was there now I would be laughing out loud.

r.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Last week I was told by my very active JW ex-husband (after me not setting foot at the last Kindumb Hall for five years) that the elders want to know if I have remarried. Apparently, they want me to deliver a written message to them so that my ex can be declared "free." I told him that I don't owe those elders ANY explanations regarding my personal business. I said to him: "You have the divorce papers. You haven't been married to anyone for the last three years. If you need the elders to tell you when you are free, then I guess you aren't really."

YC

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Wow. That whole, "shut up and submit to those with a penis!" I feel really bad for any female being raised with this mentality. The boys, too, because they (if they grow up and agree with this b.s.) will not be able to handle being around a woman who is not what they are taught women should be. In other words, this will teach them to be weak men, which is disgusting.

Anybody else reminded of the phrase "Barefoot and pregnant?"

LOL...yes, that was my thought, too!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The Bible explains that women, whether married or single, should submit to the headship of spiritually qualified men who exercise oversight int he Christian congregation.

I guess the pedophile label is getting to be a problem so their next victims are going to be adult sisters.

When women follow God's direction to do so, they set an example for the angels in God's organization arrangement.

Is it Nephilim time again?

• Scully
    Scully

as a Christian woman I do submit to the headship of my husband, but it is not because we are not equal. I know you have all heard this before. Scripture clearly teaches that in Christ, we all have equal standing. However, in the family arrangement, there is a hierarchy, even though we have the same nature. This is similar to the relationship between the trinity: the Son is eternally subornidate to the Father, but they share the same essence or nature of deity.

What is repugnant and disturbing about the Watchtower's stance is that, in the case of a religiously divided household - where the husband is not a JW (especially if he is an ex-JW) and the wife is a JW - is that they are laying a foundation for the congregation Elders™ to interfere in the marriage and usurp the husband's place.

It gives the Elders™ licence to be busybodies and require the JW wife to report so-called wrongdoing on the part of the husband, especially in instances where "doubts" regarding JW beliefs might be construed as Apostacy™. If the Elders™ believe that the husband has become Apostate™, they can urge the wife to leave the marriage on the grounds of Spiritual Endangerment™.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    Oh my. Do we really have to put Rosie O'Donnell in the same light as Marie Curie and Amelia Earhart?

Talk about vomit inducing!

• free2beme
    free2beme

Rosie is just a flash in the pan celebrity and has done nothing to make the world a better place or change it to the better. She should not be on the list.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

But women are to fragile and unqualified to think for themselves. They are after all weaker vessels.

I've known women but in and out more knowledgable and rational than any of the big strong men that were on the body of elders in my cong.

Wts thinking is stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit