Do you find the forum addictive?

by avidbiblereader 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

How many find that they need or want to be on the forum at least once a day? Do you like keeping up with fellow posters and friends or do like being able to give your thoughts without the fear of being criticized?

I look at some of the amounts that some have posted WOW and I am no better for only being here less than a month, it is a great place to talk and get loads of wisdom from others on a variety of subjects, thanks everyone for the thoughtful expressions and heartfelt posts.

abr

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I know what you mean. I tend to post in fits and spurts, perhaps a couple of dozen posts over a few days and then nothing for a week or so. I think if I posted every day my work would suffer. I've been around here almost six years and have just crept up to the grand average of 1.22 posts per day.

Pretty lame huh?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have commented before that Jehovah's Witnesses were on a drug similar to
    heroin- the drug is WTS meetings and service.

We are either withdrawing slowly, or cold turkey.

We need a substitute.

JWD is like methadone. It's addictive like the first drug, but we are able to
    withdraw.

If you know anything about methadone users, they are very slow to withdraw,
    but don't want to go back to using heroin. When they do cut back, they get
    sick, often, so they cut back in minute amounts until they are free from the
    second addiction.

My JWD addiction was strong like yours. I still, after 3 months, come on here
    virtually every single day. I noticed some have done so for years. Others withdraw
    rapidly. I am starting to feel that need to withdraw. I want to stay online, but there
    is a whole world out there. Start to cut back to a comfortable position and try skipping
    a day once-in-a-while.

It is probably worse for faders who take the WTS drug and the JWD substitute. We
    loathe one and crave the other.

• minimus
    minimus

Of course not.

• blondie
    blondie

It would be hard for someone not to say Blondie was addicted. I came at a certain point in my life. I have changed over time and so has JWD. I also visit other DBs as well. The only thing that is constant is my review now. I look around and find new ones (or check if someone else has); see who has a major event, marriage, child, divorce, death, illness; look for a laugh, try to make someone laugh, etc. I met many people from JWD and hope to meet more.

Love, Blondie

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Not addictive at all. I can walk away any time I want. Look, I will walk away now just to show you I can. I have done it many times. So it can't be addictive. .......................I am walking......................w a l k i n g ...ste[.. one step two...walk....

See ya Tommorrow!!

• nsrn
    nsrn

Yep, definitely addictive. I lurked a long time before posting, so I feel like I know people more than my number of posts would say. Intermittently I am on here for hours, but a day or two goes by occasionally that I miss. My husband doesn't understand this obsession, but I can't figure out his nicotine needs, either........

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No way!..Blondie and minimus are addicted..They`ve got a bujillian posts each..I`ve got over 5,000..I`m only going to post one more..Maybe two..Ok,Ok,three and I`m gone..Maybe I`ll post three and lurk for awhile,have some lunch,then I`ll only post one more..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

I'm allowed 25 posts per day here. I'd be in even more threads!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

No I'm sooooo NOT addicted to JWD, I have to be here as a Moderator.......yep that's my story!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit