My Mom passed away today.

by Finally-Free 80 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

My condolences

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Your mom was so beautiful. I'm so sorry about your loss.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Sincere condolences, Walter.

Love,

Ian& Claire

• tan
    tan

((((Finally-Free)))

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Aw, dude. So sorry, nice post and pic.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Hi all!

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. It meant a lot to me as well as my sisters. Sorry I took so long to get back here, but it's been busier than I'd like lately. It looks like December was a bad month for everyone in my family. Maybe the JWs put a curse on us or something. Last month I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, my mom passed away, and the next day, on the way to the funeral home to make arrangements, a car slid into the side of my truck on the highway, sending me sliding into a concrete barrier. No serious injuries, but I was sore for a few days. My nephew broke a finger while curling, a neice accidentally drank some upholstery cleaner, her daughter got sick, my sister's car died, blah blah blah. Other things happened to other family members, but I forget what because my feeble mind was overloaded by that time. Most of these things happened within a few days. Weird.

I could really use a vacation - nothing extravagent, just 2 weeks with the phone and doorbell disconnected.

Some JWs showed up at the funeral home, and knowing my "status" they seemed quite nervous when I first went up to them and started talking. They didn't shun me, though, and they seemed to warm up to me when they saw I wasn't rabid, and that I wasn't going to bring up the JW crap. Maybe it was good for them to see that "apostates" can be civil, and we're not always foaming at the mouth.

We had a simple non-JW service at the funeral home and gravesite. The JWs will be having a memorial for my mom in her former congregation in Toronto this Saturday. I won't be attending that. I'm in no frame of mind to listen to one of their infomercials.

Walter

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Good to hear from you Walter. I was wondering how you were doing.

A vacation would be in order I think. Is it possible for you to take even a few days off for you in the next little while?

Take care,
    tall penguin

• juni
    juni

Dearest Walter,

I hope this year will be better for you. It does seem like calamity comes all at once and especially at a difficult time it makes it even harder.

Hopefully you can get away for awhile. Put your needs first as you need time to reflect and mourn. Always know that we're hear for you.

Take care and I wish you peace of mind,

Juni

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

(((((((FF))))))) - with year end activities I missed the thread.

Belated but sincere condolences to you.

Jeff

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I am very sorry for your loss. Your mom lives, through her enduring love.

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit