Saddam's last words to America:

by SixofNine 79 Replies latest members politics

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    "If you think the Nutcracker is something you do off a ten foot diving board, you could be a redneck", Jeff Boxworthy

Hail Jeff. Long live Jeff. (BTW, I did my version of the Nutcracker by doing a "Sundance and Butch" off a 100 foot cliff one time....yeah, first I yelled it, then I did it.)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

OMG that sounds painful!

That guy cracks me up!

Saddam's last words should have been "Ged 'er duuuuun!"

• james_woods
    james_woods

Abandoned: to wit -

""

Why do I get this funny feeling BUSH Sr. is going to depart us soon. After the Iraq Study Group which Sr. set up to straiten Jr. out didn't work. I wonder if Jr is getting tired of Sr. trying to clean up after him and going to arange an unfornated old age calamity on him ( heart attack certain drugs do a good job of looking like one ).

I wouldn't put patricide past this duplicitous prick either. "" Have you had enough time to reflect on exactly what poison you just posted? I sincerely hope so. James

• Jin
    Jin

"The fact that Bush got rid of a dictator means nothing if it was the U.S. government that put him there in the first place. Not to mention that killing Saddam has once again pissed off everyone in the middle east. I'm sure there will be paybacks for this"

Any case ol Suddamned had a right to express himself before he died.

I agree, we all forget the mass murderings of previous U.S wars. Now more innocent people being killed by suicide bombers in the US and Great Britain which is SO unnecessary. Why the hell don't they just get out of there and save millions of dollars. ( Could be useful kno?)

Supplying these weapons of mass destruction then sniffing them out again???? American 'freedoms' now? limited for their own protection ? Why?

Sticking noses into other countries business and causing more bloodshed and anguish. Two wrongs dont make it right? or does it? Whats up with the U.S.A and war?

We all could have been force fed with this media propaganda , or have we made up our minds already as to what little we know about what we THINK we know. I try and question everything i read or listen to dont trust anything i read these days. But if i was born in Iraq and was living under those conditions, Then i would know but i don't. But i have a sneaky suspiscion that it be awful!

Are the Iraqi people really better off then they were 3 years ago?

mmmh questionable.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Whats up with the U.S.A and war?

You might and your beloved England to that list. My, how soon we forget!

• Mitch McDeere
    Mitch McDeere
    LittleToe wrote: So, noone wants to correct me, then? I suspected as much...

Congrats on hijacking this thread to your fishing expedition as to how the U.S. got involved in Iraq.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Congrats on hijacking this thread to your fishing expedition as to how the U.S. got involved in Iraq.

Umm, did you by chance read the very first post on this thread? What were a few of the items Saddam spoke about? Manipulated intel? illegal invasion?

You call it "hijacking" because the answers to the questions are painful to respond to - even though it is in line with the very first post of this thread. But go right ahead and call it hijacking.

What was this thread about again?

• jinjam
    jinjam

Justice one: hi there i don`t forget the British participation , but i am not from the U.k. I believe there are many British people feel that the war is BS. As i am sure u do.Blair has messed up just as badly and he has lost his popularity with the British public.I was really concerned as to why there have been so many wars in the recent years(50) with US involvement maybe you could elaborate . U do not have to take it so personally for it is only my opinion, if i have offended please accept my apologies JIn

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Turns out the letter may not of been his last words to America(n's), if the following is more than political posturing:

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L03187486.htm

Saddam bid "courteous" adieu to U.S. captors

BAGHDAD, Jan 3 (Reuters) - Saddam Hussein thanked his American jailers as they sent him to his death on Saturday but he lost some of his composure when they handed him over to the Iraqis who would hang him, a U.S. general said on Wednesday.

"Saddam ... was dignified, as always, he was courteous as he always had been to his U.S. military police guards," Major General William Caldwell told a news conference in Baghdad.

"He thanked them for the way he had been treated and said goodbye to them," Caldwell said.

He said it was clear Saddam knew he was about to die when, an hour before the dawn execution, the former president of Iraq was bundled aboard a U.S. military helicopter for the 10-minute flight to an Iraqi-run prison in northern Baghdad.

"His characterisation did change at this prison facility where Iraqi guards were assuming control of him," Caldwell said.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Mitch:Welcome to the Board. I don't think we've crossed threads before.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about fishing, unless you've got something to carp about

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit