Saddam's last words to America:

by SixofNine 79 Replies latest members politics

• mouthy
    mouthy

My hope is that the american people come to see more clearly what a bad situation our christian fundy president has caused by invading Iraq under false pretenses.I think that is my thought also

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

It's here s4t. It was apparently written in July:

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/saddam_letter_americans.htm

and here:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article14079.htm

Not much mention anywhere else and I'm unsure of the 'credit rating' of these sites - maybe someone can advise?

• Satanus
    Satanus

People who disdain to read the letter are similar to the politicians that refused to talk to iran or the iraqi groups and similar to those who manufactured 'evidence' of iraqi wmd and iraqi involvement in the attacks on america. Keep on living in your small world, if you want.

I advised them to leave Iraq quickly and apologize to the people, warning them that they were going to get what they now are facing and what they are now embroiled in – in fact, the fate I expect for them is worse than what they are facing now – and they will never have an adequate chance to pull their arms and equipment out of Iraq if the two halves of Iraq engulf them, and they will engulf them, God willing, because our people are deeply rooted and conscious. They know that our liberation can be clean and complete only with their unity, and that tolerance must be the basis for the orientations of our people within their ranks, and that wounds must be bound up, not ripped open.

A little bit of bs here (or, perhaps that was his goal), but also a great truth: our people are deeply rooted and conscious. I believe that being rooted, having a culture that goes way back gives a lot of power to people. Iraqi culture goes back to at least babylon. The farther back that people can see, the better is their picture of where they are at the moment = consciousness. Ignore these factors at your own peril.

defeat the Iran of Khomeini after eight years in the aggressive war that Iran sought to impose on us under the slogan of exporting the revolution beginning with Iraq? People of America, the victory over Khomeini’s Iran was not due to the short length of the war,

He took his stand against the very islamic fundamentalism which is the current boogeyman.

S

• Gill
    Gill

No one deserves a painful and humiliating death.

It is what should mark us 'normal' people above those who behave 'abnormally.' We should show them how they should have behaved and not stoop to the levels that they have stooped to and which we then choose to punish them for.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

No one deserves a painful and humiliating death.

It is what should mark us 'normal' people above those who behave 'abnormally.' We should show them how they should have behaved and not stoop to the levels that they have stooped to and which we then choose to punish them for.

I was just wondering if you feel he did deserve death just the same though? I do see that you wrote we should show them how they should have behaved, but in a case where a person was evil and committed terrible crimes on humanity...would we show them a swift death? I just am curious and not starting a fight because I wonder myself on this matter. Do we set them in a cell and study them? Do we give them 3 meals and food clothing and lights, heat and all the comforts of the modern world while a good portion of the country does not have this? Or do we make them do hard labor? Terrible jobs at low wages and support themselves? Really, what purpose does it serve to make taxpayers carry the burden? But then again...do we focus our money on the prevention of people growing up a bit warped such as in the case of serial killers, rapist, mass murderers, or do we spend it afterwards trying to show them how wrong it was what they did. I know people go round and round about this one.

Now my two cents, I think we should read his letter. It is enlightening. I don't believe we should believe all that is written. Just as I don't believe we should believe all our government tells us. But you gain a balanced perspective if you take in all sides of the story. Now say he is as mad as the day is long, even then you would gain some knowledge as to how a madman thinks. Personally I watched what I could of his trial and found it interesting the dynamics of a man that once rules with such absolute power having to sit through what he obviously thought was rubbish and 'below' him. The expressions and body language alone was quite a read.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    DOn't believe a word out of his mouth. He's a mass murderer.

This is true. And the sad thing is that this country was willing to look the other way, right up until he invaded Kuwait. Hell, Saddam was this countries "buddy" for a long long time. But to say he stepped in it when it came to Kuwait, would be a huge understatement. He made the wrong move, was checked, then mated.

BTW, the pile of shit in Iraq just got a lot deeper, and a lot more smelly.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    They die in threes. James Brown. Gerald Ford. Saddam.

What an insult to James Brown and Gerald Ford to be lumped with Saddam. Which only tells me one more person of great stature will kick the bucket soon.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Who, after all, appointed the American government to be the world policeman, to form the world in the mold that it likes, giving national orders to the countries of the world?

This is something I've asked many, many times. Why can't we (USA) just mind our own business. Of course excluding humanitarian help I see nothing wrong with giving aid to those in need but to go into a country, kill, mame and murder it's peoples, destroy their land is just not right. I started thinking this since the days of 'Vietnam not just because I lost my own brother in that war but because it's just not ours to fight. IMHO.

• oldflame
    oldflame
    DOn't believe a word out of his mouth. He's a mass murderer.

And so is your president G.W.Bush

• mouthy
    mouthy

Which only tells me one more person of great stature will kick the bucket soon.

MAYBE ME!!!!!Well I know I am not of great stature but to have so much interest in death..I would like to think I will be in the JONES,FORD,SADDAM,era so I wont be forgotten so quickly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit