THE PREACHING WORK PROVES IT IS THE TRUTH

by The wanderer 45 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I am a Bapitst now and when we go preaching, we go to places where we can actually talk to people. Usually its hospitols or places where they have already filled out a request for us to visit.

Also, we spend 6 months training to remember a gospel presentation that never changes. If you think about it, the Bible only has one message. Its better to learn one really good presentation than to have to learn another new one half @$$ each month.

We have a really big church but our evangelism team had 198 converts this year. Have you ever seen a KH with those results? They are all right. Their methods are inneffective. With the help of Holy Spriit, our numbers are much better.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

That is what you would expect from a man made point of view, they try to find something that makes them unique but interesting Jesus said nothing about preaching to identify his true followers he said in John 13:34,35

34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”

It is love not preaching that identifies one as a true follower and I believe there is many stories here and more to come that would eliminate there ability to lay claim they are truly loving to either family, to each other or others who disagree with them.

abr

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

AlmostAtheist....See my thread on "Apocryphal Jewish Tradition in the New Testament":

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/67328/1.ashx

NOAH

2 Peter 2:5 calls Noah "a preacher of righteousness". Of course, the Genesis narrative mentions nothing of a preaching work by Noah. The natural interpretation was that Noah would have tried to pass on his divine warning to his contemporaries, perhaps trying to get them to repent and thus be saved. Josephus (Jewish Antiquities 1:73) thus says that "Noah, displeased with the deeds of his [contemporaries] and finding their intentions to be odious, sought to persuade them to adopt a better way of thinking and to change their ways". According to rabbinical literature: "The righteous Noah used to warn them and say to them, 'Repent, for if you do not, God will bring a flood upon you.' " (b. Sanhedrin 108a).

According to Luke 17:26-27, as it was in "the days of Noah," so will it also be in the days of the Son of Man, for "they were eating drinking, marrying, being given in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark and the Flood came and took them all." This correlation of the primeval history with the story of the End grows out of Jewish tradition, in which the Flood is the prototype of the Last Judgment or the end of the world (cf. Jubilees 20:5-6; 1 Enoch 67:10; 93:4; 2 Peter 2:5; 3:6-7; Apocalypse of Adam 3:3). Because both generations are judged for their actions, there is a suggestion that the activities of "eating and drinking" could carry negative connotations. This is how Theophylact understood the passage: "When the Antichrist comes, people will be giving themselves over to pleasure, reclining at weddings and feasts in the most arrogant manner, just as the giants did in the time of Noah" (Comm. Mt. 123.420). It is in 1 Enoch where all three themes (marriage, eating, and drinking) are mentioned as sinister activities before the Flood:

"And they [the angels] took wives unto themselves, and everyone respectively chose one woman for himself, and they began to go unto them. And they taught them magical medicine, incantations, the cutting of roots, and taught them about plants. And the women became pregnant and gave birth to great giants whose heights were three hundred cubits. These giants consumed the produce of all the people until the people detested feeding them. So the giants turned against the people in order to eat them. And they began to sin against birds, wild beasts, reptiles, and fish. And their flesh was devoured the one by the other, and they drank blood. And then the earth brought an accusation against the oppresors." (1 Enoch 7:1-6)
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wanderer.."Terry" hit the nail on the head on one of his threads:No one knows what the JW`s believe,they know what they don`t believe.(Thats as best as I can remember it..LOL!!).....I really believe that is the case..They have been preaching since Custer died at Little Big Horn(Quite literally)and very few people know what JW`s believe..If JW`s don`t remember what they have preached in the past,how is anyone else supposed to know?..If the outside world dosen`t know what the JW`s believe and the JW`s can`t remember what they preached,how does that prove it`s the truth?..No one knows anything!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This has been alluded to by others, but here goes :-

(Matthew 24:14) 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

(Matthew 28:19-20) 19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things."

Those two scriptures form the basis of the dubs argument. Since they are the only ones who understand the Kingdom in the way that they do, they are only ones who can preach it.

But it is a self fulfilling prediction. J W's have understood the Kingdom in their own way . They go out and preach it and then can say "Look nobody else is teaching the message we do, we must be the Faithfull and discreet slave"

If that were the proof, then the message must stand up to examination, otherwise they are just preaching baloney, and anyone can do that!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    THE PREACHING WORK PROVES IT IS THE TRUTH

When I was on my way out that was the last thing I had to overcome. I still believed that God was using the Watchtower because no one else was "preaching the kingdom". A closer examination of JW "preaching" cured me of this.

A close examination of Watchtower and Awake magazines shows that very little space is devoted to discussing the JW concept of the kingdom. Most articles devote only one or two sentences to the kingdom, usually near the end. It's almost an afterthought. Some articles don't mention the kingdom at all. The "kingdom" isn't the theme or focal point of their "ministry" by any stretch of the imagination. I remember getting counseled once because I was talking too much about the kingdom at the doors - the elders felt I wasn't making "progress" in my ministry because I was focusing too much on it. I was showing "spiritual weakness".

Also, the JWs show more zeal for their coffee breaks than for the preaching, and most I knew didn't want "bible studies" because they took up too much time. "Bible studies" were an inconvenience.

W

• blondie
    blondie

In the 2004 KMs there were 4 presentations each month, 2/WT and 2/Awake for a total of 48. Out of 48, only one mentions God's Kingdom and none mention "Jehovah" deliberately using the generic term "God."

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

The winds are blowing a different way now Blondie, time to tack

abr

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I agree with Outlaw and Terry. If the JWs were my marketing team, they would be sacked. I wonder how many non-JWs you would have to ask about JW's beliefs before someone mentioned God's Kingdom?

For all the hours they spend report door knocking, what do people understand of their message?

They don't take blood. They don't celebrate Christmas and birthdays. They don't believe in Jesus. They only believe 144000 are going to be saved and their are 6000000 of them, so they must be crackers.

Negatives and misunderstandings are what over a century of preaching has achieved - to maybe half the world's population. Wooh!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

What is the good news about Gods Kingdom? That it was supposed to start in 1975? If there is a god would he misfire giving erroneous information to his prophet? If a prophet prophecys falsely he should be stoned to death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit