I ran them off !

by oldflame 75 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame
    Well, you said you were "very polite"; so which is it oldflame, angry or polite? You came across to me as being very rude, like some kind of redneck, feeling like a bad ass for scaring two little JW ladies, mentioning how the tenants just loved you for this big bold stand of yours. You then post your story here patting yourself on the back along the way. And you wonder why some have a problem with this?

You reply as if I purposely intended to scare them witnesses. I did not intend on scaring them other than if they were caught knocking on doors that I would call the police. Which is quite within the boundaries of the law. It was not my fault that they got scared. But I will admit that I did chuckle a bit about it. But never was my intentions. I was indeed polite and mannerly and all I wanted to do was to tell them that were not wanted on this property which is also within the means of law. What part of any of this quandry don't you understand ?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LOLOLOL - this thread is cracking me up.

There must be something in the water, tonight. Maybe the New Year countdown is triggering some repressed Armaggedon memories

OldFlame:
    Well done for standing up for your rights and the rights of your tenants

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I'd bring out the shot gun next time, cock it and tell them "I warned you last time ... do you need another reminder?" Then laugh as they run of leaving trails of urine and excrement behind. When they get back to the car, the rest of the group will likely gag and possibly throw up a bit from the smell of the first two.

I bet it will take about one hour before everyone in the hall knows not to go back to your place.

Or, you can go the polite route and do what you just did.

Kwin (it can always be a lot worse so stop bitching people)

• Vinny
    Vinny

Sorry do disappoint Odrade, but I did not twist what he said at all, anywhere. I quoted word for word and then offered my opinions on what he wrote, as did another poster feeling similarly. I have nothing against oldflame since I have never even heard of him until reading this thread earlier today. As I started reading it, I felt very uneasy about how he reacted. He then laughed at how scared they were. He also started with the tenants loved what he did kind of self congratulatory remarks. I made a simple comment agreeing with Quandry's point of view and adding a few comments of my own. So what?

Concerned then challenges my point of view and then YOU come in claiming both Quandry and myself are being "hysterical" in our replies. This is nonsense. We have as much a right to have an opinion about this thread as you, Concerned or anybody else does. We have a right to offer those opinions on this thread as you, Concerned or anybody else as well. Disagree with those opinions if you wish. But that's as far as you can go. You can say I am twisting the facts. You can say I am trying to make oldflame look like an a-hole, You can say that I am being hysterical and other unsupported ridiculous claims. None of this is true and all you have are silly, unsubstantiated insults in the end. Insults that do not penetrate since I have a very thick skin and realize you are simply defending a friend. I do not know, nor have ever heard of Quandry either until this morning. But I tend to agree with her point of view. If anything, not knowing oldflame at all, having no hidden agenda here (as you claim), my opinions should have some merit then. I personally viewed his comments in a more critical light than either of you two. He came across as very insensitive in my opinion and seemed to laugh at their reaction and his subsequent popularity with the other tenants. For all we know those JW ladies had no idea they were not supposed to be there. Threatening to have them arrested was unnecessary. Laughing at their reaction and fear was cold, heartless in my mind. These are still people. Many are just victims themselves. They are not whores, dope pushers or Jack Asses as one poster has the audacity to write. People like that are what give EX JW's a very bad rap.

So in the end I respect your right to think oldflame was just sharing a humorous story with the board. In my view, it was more than that. It was a little more cruel, ugly and unappealing from my perspective. So then we can agree to disagree. If I see another post that presents a similar negative response, I'll be sure to make that known as well. You folks I would assume have good intentions; but you are not the final authority by any means. What I said, I still believe. Could I be persuaded to believe differently? Possibly so. But it would be by hearing oldflame, and very unlikely from you or Concerned. I have heard your arguments and have not been persuaded by them at all. He too has already commented and not helped his cause either in changing my opinion. But so what? Even if he did mishandle this situation in my opinion, it's just that, only my OPINION. And we can all have bad moments. Oldflame is entitled to those as well.

All the best, Vinny

• Odrade
    Odrade

So your chief argument is that all your name-calling, slurs and ASSumptions about his character were simply presenting a dissenting view?

*shrug8

I suppose the ASSumption could be made that one of "dissenter" is a hysterical, emotional female who is experiencing transference to such a degree that she can't separate reality from what happened to her once upon a time.

And the ASSumption could also be make that the other "dissenter" is a self-righteous, judgmental ex-elder who is feeling the pain of losing his personal power after leaving the congregation, so must invent abuses so he can lord it over his inferiors and counsel them on the proper way to behave under every circumstance...

Yes, those ASSumptions COULD be made... nah, nevermind, I wouldn't want to be accused of being a self-stroking, egotistical, macho, sadistic, rude, classless, self-flattering, boasting, bad ass, tough guy, power-tripping redneck madwoman.

• Odrade
    Odrade

:::Threatening to have them arrested was unnecessary.

So what DO you do when someone (or some organization) repeatedly violates your request to not trespass on your property? Bake them cookies and write them a note on scented stationery?

• Confession
    Confession
    So what DO you do when someone (or some organization) repeatedly violates your request to not trespass on your property? Bake them cookies and write them a note on scented stationery?

LOL! This whole thing has become ridiculous, hasn't it. I'd say Quandry was a bit affronted at the idea that Old Flame might get a chuckle at the JW women, and perhaps she projected her former experience onto OldFlame's experience. We can all certainly disagree. I've said what I have to on this. But this Vinny character is off the rails. His comments appear to come from a very angry place.

I'm sorry about any pain you've experienced in your life, Vinny. I hope you can find peace.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I am wondering why you would think that your tenants cannot speak for themselves? Do you feel that they do not have the intelligence necessary to to think for themselves?

Quandary...*I* am wondering why the tenants should HAVE TO speak for themselves...regardless of what YOU might think about their intelligence? My point IS....that NOBODY wants to have the JWs banging on their doors....UNWELCOME AND UNINVITED, every time the JWs get a notion to "work that territory"!

Why shouldn't someone take the initiative to get JWs to get this through THEIR heads?

People (ESPECIALLY ones in a situation like this) should have the RIGHT to decide WHO they do and do not WANT roaming around their buildings and pestering them!

WHY is this concept so difficult for some to understand? Are THEY not "intelligent" enough?????

Personally speaking----I think OldFlame did just fine!

• Vinny
    Vinny

Odrade says:... "nah, nevermind, I wouldn't want to be accused of being a self-stroking, egotistical, macho, sadistic, rude, classless, self-flattering, boasting, bad ass, tough guy, power-tripping redneck madwoman."

***It's too late Odrade, sorry. You've earned it already.

***No sweetie-pie. My initial argument was simply that I agreed with Quandry. Read it, it was very short, sweet and to the point. I felt that oldflame was on some power trip and also liked patting himself on the back. Which I still believe by the way. Now, it was only AFTER you and Concerned decided to press the issue further and come to TRY to save poor oldfire from his OWN fire, by watering down what he actually said, did some of the more colorful adjectives come into play. So basically, to whatever degree you believe this has thread degenerated, you can both thank yourselves. : )

Yep folks that would be nothing. Then, though we get no specific answers to those points asked directly of him, we do get this fine gem!

• Confession
    Confession
    I am a very happy guy Concerned. Live in Hawaii. Great scenery. Take landscape photos for a living. No more JW indoctrination.

Thats very good, Vinny. Just calm down now. Relax.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit