I ran them off !

by oldflame 75 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I will add this, if JWs aren't able to call at the door/home, they will designate it either a telephone and/or writing territory so that all contact with JWs may not be avoided. In the state I live in non-profit organizations are not covered by the DNC telephone lists.

Blondie

• hubert
    hubert

Oldflame, Have you got an old "devil" costume left over from halloween hanging around? Maybe even just the fork?

You could throw that on quickly and greet them. That should scare them off for good.

Hubert

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

If it's a locked building and they are invited inside by the JW living there, they are only able to go to that door, they are not allowed to solicit (I know JW's don't call it soliciting) any other doors. If it is not a locked complex, I'm not sure if you can legally keep them from all the doors.

Like was already mentioned, locked buildings in my area are assigned to telephone witnessing or letter writing. In that case it would be up to the individual person to tell them they do not want to be contacted. You could let the tenants know to tell them to put their names on the DNC list.

BB

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Next time two Elders will probably come with their "defending booklet" in hand.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I used to live in a locked apartment building. One day as my parents were leaving after a visit they encountered a group of jws doing door to door. I'm watched from my window as my mother points up to me and says something to the leader of the group (a brother). My phone rings and it's the brother giving me some splill about being a book salesman and could I buzz him in the building. I course I told him no.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Just start telling them about the UN, Malawi, child molestations, and call the "Faithful and Discreet Slaves" fanatic and degenerate slobs in Brooklyn. Then give them some apostate literature. That ought to fix their wagons.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Too bad you aren't my landlord, Oldflame! Lol!

No matter what has been said, it still feeds into the whole persecution bit. I don't think private property means anything when it comes to field service--it doesn't around here. Since you've already threatened to call the police, then they should see that as their warning to stay away.

• blondie
    blondie

Why not call the local law enforcement and see what their requirements are when JWs show up on your property when there is a no trespassing sign. If there is no sign, and you have asked them to leave and they do, what will the police do. If there is a sign, what will the police do. I doubt that any but a misinformed old-timer JW will insist (I have seen a couple and slipped away in embarrassment)(I have seen the elders have a special needs part about how to conduct yourself in the "field" when asked to leave).

I just don't answer the door...

Blondie

• oldflame
    oldflame

I am sure they know my vehicle, they will probably just wait till I am gone then try it again. This has happened in the past after my first warning. Lots of good ideas posted here and a few I will not do. There are no posted signs but I think I scared the living hell out of those two women. LOL I'm not a bad guy either but I sure felt bad when I scared them. (GOOD BAD)

• Quandry
    Quandry

LOL I'm not a bad guy either but I sure felt bad when I scared them. (GOOD BAD)

Well, I am wondering what kind of a person you truly want to be. Did you feel good about yourself? What you displayed to me was bad manners to ladies. I never have thought there was a time or place for that. That is surely not the way Jesus treated people; rather, even if they were less than kind to him, he treated them with respect and dignity.

I am wondering why you would think that your tenants cannot speak for themselves? Do you feel that they do not have the intelligence necessary to to think for themselves? If necessary, you could print up a flier and outline the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses, some that they may not be aware of. This would arm them beforehand so that they could be ready for the witnesses when they come. That way, not only would you be making your tenants informed, but perhaps they could impart some of the "new" information to the witnesses when they came. If I was in your complex and a priest came, or Mormans, or any organization, I would want to make my own decision as to whether I wanted to speak to them.

At any rate, I never feel that bad manners make anyone look amusing or gentlemanly. If anything, they make me think of Pharisees and elders who assume that they have the God given authority to treat people any way they please. This is the main reason I and many others left the organization--because of unloving treatment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit