I ran them off !

by oldflame 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Vinny
    Vinny

Confession says:..."So you admit he did nothing wrong".

Confession says:..."Well I don't like the way you come across on this board--all 'macho and bad-ass-like."

*** Well, if you think that I am perhaps being "all 'macho and bad-ass-like."now you can see why some have problems with oldflame's bad ass, self-stroking approach then. And for the record, I am not getting any thrills frightening JW ladies, patting myself on the back telling all here how others just LOVE ME.

Confessions says:.."JWs have come into his complex before. He's told them not to return. They keep coming back. He "calmly" and "politely" tells them they're not allowed to knock on doors there. They get scared. While he never intended to scare them, he gets a kick at the way they appeared scared. You don't think he should feel this way, so you come in here, accusing him of all sorts of stuff you have NO knowledge of."

• Vinny
    Vinny

Odrade says:.. "Maybe "some have a problem with this" because "some" are new here, refuse to take into account any further clarification, don't know the character of the man and are making huge ASSumptions."

• Odrade
    Odrade

:::A couple of us just showed you where.

So I take it you're going with the WT tactic of "If I misrepresent this enough times, someone will accept it as true"?

• Vinny
    Vinny

Odrade says:.."So I take it you're going with the WT tactic of "If I misrepresent this enough times, someone will accept it as true"? "

****Perhaps rather than just blanketly accuse me of misrepresenting the facts, you can SHOW me exactly what was misrepresented. I realize that calls for more than just a sentence or two on your part Odrade. Think you're up to the task?

I posted exactly what was written and commented on those statements specifically. That's what's so nice about the net; it's all in print. Can't really dispute that now can you? What oldflame said is in print and easy to understand what he meant. So what part of this concept do you not get?

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

(removed)

• Odrade
    Odrade

Old Flame said that the JWs have repeatedly come to the complex. The first time, he told the brothers not to return. They subsequently (as reported to him by tenants) have come by when his vehicle is not there. Then they sent two sisters. (Perhaps thinking that would help them circumvent trespassing laws?) Instead of just directly calling the police and letting them arrest the cargroup for trespassing, he calmly walked over and told them (once again,) they would not be allowed on his property. He also informed them that next time he would call the police and "have them arrested."

Due to the actionable nature of violating trespassing laws, this comment "Next time I'll call the police," caused them fear. Why? Because they knew they were breaking the law. They also knew that this particular violation of law is an offense for which they could be arrested. He was simply stating what would happen next time. In fact, Old Flame was being kind, due to the fact that they knew it was trespassing, and he gave them another pass by saying "next time..."

Then he was amused at their reaction, and came on this board to crack a joke about feeling "bad."

Subsequently, YOU came on here and ASSumed he was on a "power trip," was being a "tough guy," is 'patting himself on the back,' is "coming across macho and sadistic-like," is "bad-ass" and "big man," again accused him of being on a "power trip," accused him of being on a "self-stroking, egotistical power trip," (there's that "power trip" ASSumption again, huh?) is "very rude," and acting like a "redneck," is a "fine example of classnessless," called him a "little big man," is putting on an "ego act," another comment about "self-stroking," insinuated that he gets "thrills" from scaring JW ladies, "took pleasure" in scaring them, accuse him of "self-flattery" and "boasting," is on an "ego trip" (this is getting tedious, isn't it?) and now you claim he "buried himself."

Have I got that right? Seems to me that you got hysterical about him exercising his rights as a citizen, then being amused when the sisters realized that they were indeed on the wrong side of the law.

The rest of it is just YOUR unsubstantiated ASSumptions about his demeanor, emotions and thoughts regarding their reaction.

• Vinny
    Vinny

Sorry Odrade, but you have humorously watered down this entire story now. This is just too easy. Let's see what you have to say:

Odrades watered down version: "Due to the actionable nature of violating trespassing laws, this comment "Next time I'll call the police," caused them fear. Why? Because they knew they were breaking the law. They also knew that this particular violation of law is an offense for which they could be arrested. He was simply stating what would happen next time. In fact, Old Flame was being kind, due to the fact that they knew it was trespassing, and he gave them another pass by saying "next time..."

Oldflames OWN VERSION (printed above for all to see): "but I think I scared the living hell out of those two women. LOL I'm not a bad guy either but I sure felt bad when I scared them. (GOOD BAD).... My tenants *LOVE ME* for the fact I chase them off. LOL But I told them next time I was just going to call the police and have them arrested"....

"I am here to tell you that I have damn good reason for my anger" ..."Allow me to say this one more time to those who think I am a rude prick"..."I am not a rude prick to anyone unless they really deserve it and if anyone has been rude here it is you for your assumptions and accusations against me."

*** He scared the hell out of them (in his own words), he's laughing out loud about it (LOL), and then sarcastically says that he felt bad... (GOOD BAD!). He tenants love him cause he "CHASES" them off. And next time will "have them arrested". Odrade, this is one big swing and a miss my dear! You are stretching like gumby here to make what oldflame said look better that it is. Because what it really is, is embarrassing to read. : )

Additionally, he cannot just "have them arrested" as you claim. The police may arrive and then ask the JW's to leave. But they will not be locked up and taken away. Silly you.

Oldflame came here patting himself on the back. Enjoying the fear he put into those JW women (whom have been misled much like you and I were once before). He mentions how his tenants just love him for his running them off and threats to have them arrested. You can believe your watered down version if you wish. But as for me, I will use oldflame's OWN posted words.

*** Yep, that pretty well sums it up as I see it. Thanks for putting it together all in one easy to read place!

It sounds like Johnny cip needs to lay off the caffeine or crack or whatever he's doing. You sure seem to have a gutter-mouthy gift. Just rolls off the tongue so effortlessly. Bet your mamma's proud of YOU too! The apple of her eye...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Happy New Year!

*ducks*

• Odrade
    Odrade

Twisting, twisting, twisting. I'll bet you made a damn good elder. Old Flame's commentary here on this discussion board is more pointed than what actually happened. He stated (quite clearly,) that he "I walked up to them and calmly said that this is the second warning that they were trespassing on my property and that no Jehovah's Witnesses are aloud on this property knocking on doors. I have a tenant who is a JW and this is fine with me and they are aloud to come and visit her but I do not allow them to bother my tenants as they all prefer they stay away anyways. My tenants love me for the fact I chase them off. LOL But I told them next time I was just going to call the police and have them arrested."

"LOL" is clearly an aside to this board regarding his tenants being protected from evangelizers. "Chase them off" is clearly a figure of speech, since he stated specifically that he "walked up to them and calmly said..." But you seem to want to deliberately twist his words to make him look like an asshole, something that he was not doing at all. Makes me wonder how many judicial committees you entered with preconceived notions of some poor sister's guilt, then proceeded to take her comments deliberately out of context so you could nail her to the wall for some reason only known to yourself?

But go ahead, continue to misrepresent and twist away, you obviously have some kind of agenda regarding Old Flame and his constitutional right to calmly and legally protect his property from fundamentalists peddling pamphlets regarding the end of the world and the destruction of all who are part of it, (including the tenants of his property.)

• Quandry
    Quandry

Vinny-

Apparently my post to oldflame struck a nerve. I also do not really have a problem if oldflame does not want people to call at his apartment complex. I merely stated in this regard that he could explore the idea of allowing the tenants to choose for themselves who they would and would not want to speak to. The objection I had was that, when he was getting 'atta boys after his first post, he went on to relate how amused he was...well, you know the rest.

I went back and read your first posts and am glad to find that you are a person who truly cares about other people. You were bullied by men who should have been there for you and your family. My husband and I found ourselves in similar circumstances. He was an elder for more than twenty years, and we both demonstrated a love for God and our fellow man. It did not matter to bullies in our case, either. I would like to welcome you to the forum. I remember reading an early message to me that said "Welcome to the fray" and sometimes apparently that is what it is!! To continue at this point;

One poster made this comment:

your not telling me these 2 female wt WHORES are to stupid to check the do not call list. and read the no tresspassing signs.?

Oldflame clearly stated "There are no posted signs." Furthermore this poster applauds the actions of oldflame but in the same post calls all JW women whores knowing that I had quoted a previous post from oldflame stating that his mother is a Witness. This poor woman may have done absolutely nothing to deserve this demeaning title. I do not know what to make of that, and oldflame has as yet made no comment.

On the upside for me, perhaps because I have been on the board longer that you, this poster states that I am merely to write things "100xs" but you are to write things "1000xs." On the downside, or perhaps not, depending on how you view it, we are both "hysterical." Well, I suppose you did join this forum to have something in common with people and so now you and I do!!

As oldflame previously posted:

It was my out spokeness that got me into trouble with the JW's and my JW mother. You are exactly right about this. Jw's do not like people who speak up and tact ? yeah I guess I could learn how to use tact a little better, but I am one person who when has something to say even if it hurts I say it. That just drives a JW nuts.

I think this says it all. He is enamored of his own traits when he scares someone else or "has something to say even if it hurts" but finds this feature less than desirable when someone else does it. In other words, he can dish it out but he can't take it. It seems he is not the only one.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit