would you all consider this a serious threat????

by annalice 53 Replies latest jw friends

I did not read all the replies so if this has been said please forgiv.

Yes I would view this as a threat, as well as liable(since it is in writing).

Forget the elders, go to the police and be sure and tell them that you are afraid for youself and your children. Tell them you want it served now.

Next go to your postmaster with the envelopes and let him know that this person is using the mail box illeagly. It is a crime to put things in someones mail box that has no mark. Tell the postmaster that you are afraid that she might put a bomb or some poison in there. Since she is spying on you she probably knows you pick up the mail.

I hope things get better for you.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Elders Schmelders. I'd take it as a threat and call the police. You've got evidence. They think they are above the law, I think the word is Sociopathic, if my Law&Order SVU serves me.

Do it and get on with having a nice life, congrats on your pregnancy.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While I agree with the majority, and your lawyer might also say that the
    letter is clearly a threat and illegal, try to remember that it is your
    husband's family. He knows how serious a threat his sister is, he knows
    that there will be family repercussions if the law is involved.

I do not recommend that YOU pressure him to do a certain thing. Let
    him decide, just give your opinion. We do know JW lingo, and the letter
    refers to Armageddon, not a death threat, regardless of how a non-JW
    will see it.

His letter to sister and legal advice should allow him, along with your
    opinion, to handle this correctly.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Annalice - Thank you for taking time to respond here. I am glad to hear you are okay. Stay well and get your blood pressure down. Things will be fine if you let it go to the authorities; hope the lawyer isn't going to be very expensive.

When you say your SIL is whacko, you do mean crazy, right? If so, it really is best to just let the police and postmaster deal with it.

She started it with nasty letters and stalking you.

You do have the right to live your lives in peace.

Congratulations on the baby to come. When are you due? Take care!

(Again, I'm really glad you responded here; there are a few crazies in my JW family and if I got mail like what you got, I'd be a bit concerned. Not everyone can relate to it, but that's okay; not everyone has relatives who've been confirmed mentally ill).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit