would you all consider this a serious threat????

by annalice 53 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ok, Annalice, I've been going through your past threads trying to get an idea what you're dealing with and this is what I cannot for the life of me figure out:

At what point during all this has your husband told her in no uncertain terms that this will not continue? And if it does all her correspondence will be sent back unopened, her phone number blocked etc.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

My first reaction is to NOT go to her in person. She sounds unbalanced. If you feel that you must then have everything tape recorded. My suggestions are as follows: 1. copy everything 2. give orinals to the police 3. keep one copy of everything ~ at least one 4. make a copy for the elders and send a copy to EVERY elder. That way she will have a harder time squirming out of her problems. 5. Yes, ask the police if they think that a restraining order is needed 6. Get it if you need to do so. You have babies to worry about.

• Scully
    Scully
    I WILL BURY YOUR CHILDREN AT ARMAGEDDON BUT YOUR WIFES BODY CAN ROT!!

Looks like a death threat to me. The police will likely see it the same way. There are penalties for uttering death threats. Make her face the music. Press charges.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I would say that what she sent you definately qualifies as hate mail. I would contact the police. I would also contact the elders at the KH she attends. If she is that wacked out toward you I would think she also has rep at the KH as a nut case. I would also think they would want to get her under control if for no other reason than the "bad witness" she is giving to unbelievers.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Personally I would call the police and file a report. Then I would call the jerks in New York in the legal department and ask them if this is behavior they condone....and I would send a copy to them.

Then I'd make a third phone call to the local elders and tell them that you had called the police, and the legal department and they had better tell their sheep to stay on the farm and far away from you and yours. I'd also tell them that you plan on hiring an attorney and suing them all if they don't keep every JW away from your home, and if you have any complications with your pregnancy due to this stress you will civily sue them and you know that you may not win but you're willing to make this a very public battle dragging Jehoovers name through the mud.

And if your husband doesn't stand up for you, I have some sad news...He may never.

I've gone through this with my husband, his mother accused me of our first child not being his...and that was a flat out BS lie. He and I were married and I love him dearly and would never think of sleeping with anyone else.

My husband has finally taken the stand that you must be nice to see him or our children. They can't do that. We don't see them.

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I have to say I'm a little confused.

I got the impression you are fading. Do you guys have Christmas decorations up or was your sister in law making that up?

• Bodhisattva1320
    Bodhisattva1320

Personally I would call the police and file a report. Then I would call the jerks in New York in the legal department and ask them if this is behavior they condone....and I would send a copy to them.

Then I'd make a third phone call to the local elders and tell them that you had called the police, and the legal department and they had better tell their sheep to stay on the farm and far away from you and yours. I'd also tell them that you plan on hiring an attorney and suing them all if they don't keep every JW away from your home, and if you have any complications with your pregnancy due to this stress you will civily sue them and you know that you may not win but you're willing to make this a very public battle dragging Jehoovers name through the mud.

And if your husband doesn't stand up for you, I have some sad news...He may never.

I've gone through this with my husband, his mother accused me of our first child not being his...and that was a flat out BS lie. He and I were married and I love him dearly and would never think of sleeping with anyone else.

My husband has finally taken the stand that you must be nice to see him or our children. They can't do that. We don't see them.

Best Regards,

Chrystal

WHAT SHE SAID!!!!

keep all of the letters she has written your husband and start documenting her PSYCHO behavior and file a report!! she is slandering you and also harrassing your family END OF STORY. She has very bad behavior oh my - do NOT let her think she can continue her infantile/hateful behavior, you MUST stand up for your family and yourself. I wish you the best with your new baby and pregnancy!!!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

The answer is that ANY unbalanced threat coming from an unbalanced person is something you should take seriously.

Forget talking to her, she's a freakin' hateful nutbucket who needs help but not from you. YOUR HUSBAND, HOWEVER, should do something about this... I realize this is his sister but you are his wife and the mother of his precious babies. I think that you need to have a loving, calm, understanding, sit-down discussion with him about this and tell him how much this has hurt you.

And YES, by all means, photocopy all and file a police report. They can do nothing now, but you need this on record.

Strength to you, and congratulations on the little one... you do NOT need this kind of stress, especially while your body is busy making a little human!!! Be good to yourself.

Love,
    Baba.

• undercover
    undercover
    I WILL BURY YOUR CHILDREN AT ARMAGEDDON BUT YOUR WIFES BODY CAN ROT!!
    Looks like a death threat to me. The police will likely see it the same way.

Actually, having been a JW and knowing how they think about Armageddon and those who won't survive it, it doesn't look like a death threat to me. It does tell me that they fully expect these people to die at Jehovah's hand during the great calamity that will befall all but the faithful JWs.

However, the police, not having an inside track into how JWs think, may see it differently. They may be willing to visit the sender of the message and at least talk to them to see what prompted them to send such a hateful message. The fact that the police were called into the situation and took it serious enough to visit the whacko sister, should hopefully send a message that this family will not be trifled with.

If you can keep you wits about you and your temper in check when dealing with unstable individuals who believe that they can do no wrong, if it escalates to the point of involving the police or the courts, things will work out in favor of the stable and objective party.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I cannot give you any advice but this message makes me sick!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit