would you all consider this a serious threat????

by annalice 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    YOU HAD CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS UP AND PEOPLE OVER AT YOUR HOUSE.

WOW! How evil can you get!!! You'll surely roast in hell if you were serving eggnog, a cheese ball, and cookies with the sparkley shit on them. We won't even think about fruit cake.

This person is in dire need of a straitjacket. I suggest reporting this to the police.

W

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I'd call the cops on that bitch. She needs to be institutionalized.

Dismembered

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

Go straight to the police, do not pass go (the elders). Absolutely no question. You NEED to go to the police with this.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I agree about going to the police before you do anything else. That way it will be on file, so if she shows up at your house and tries anything further they will be much more likely to arrest her. Leave a legal paper trail!!!!

• new boy
    new boy

Better yet copy the letter and send it to everone...................in your hall

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

she's leaving threatening mail in your mailbox, which I believe still has restrictions by the US Postal Service as to access. (read about 18 U.S.C. 1725). I would post a sign on my mail box that says Federal Law 18 USC 1725 restricts access to this mailbox to US Postal Service only.

There are also laws about mailing threatening letters. Here's a few links I found, I don't know how much help that would be.

http://www.usps.com/websites/depart/inspect/usc18/blackm.htm

http://www.gao.gov/archive/1997/gg97085.pdf

Really, you'd probably have better luck dealing with her as you would a stalker. Get a restraining order.

• loosie
    loosie

I agree with Cabin and Scully

Myself having a whacked out mother, I can relate a little bit.

You have you family and your babies too worry about. They come first.

Make it matter of police record first then tell the elders what you did so they can discipline her if they choose. they most likely will not.

Death threats aren't to be taken lightly. eventhough in a JW mind you know what she meant. Normal people don't think that way and will take death threats seriously.

Tell your husband how his mother is causing you distress. After all your are pregnant you don't his right now you don't need this ever.

And tape record everything you say to the JW's.

Do not confront your MIL let the police do that. In fact you can tell them that if they can't contact her at home that they can go to the kingdom hall on Sun, Tues, or Thurs night and find her there to talk to her. That will interesting for her to explain to the elders why the police came to the hall to talk to her.

• becca1
    becca1

What a kook! Yes, make an official report. She needs to know this behavior is unacceptable and that you won't put up with it. Only send it to the elders if you have no fear of the consequences of celebrating Xmas.

Take care...

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'd call 911 right now. Show the cops the letter(s) and request a mental health hold. This is a psychotic person.

• JeffT
    JeffT

A couple of years ago I went through something like this with my daughter's ex-boyfriend, minus the JW part, he was just a stalker.

CALL THE POLICE!

This woman is disturbed, you need to protect your family. I don't care if she's a JW, she's a headcase and needs to be treated as such. I was told two things when I contacted the Seattle police about the daughter's bf. 1) "You did the right thing by calling us" 2) "If you shoot him him make sure the body lands inside the house." I'm not kidding about the last part. He pointed out that the law assumes that a threat made to your person has to be taken as credible and you have a right to defend yourself. The police have hauled away too many people in body bags when somebody didn't think "they meant it."

In your case they are likely to add something like "this is over your *&%*&! Christmas lights?!" The positions JW's take on voting, the military the flag salute etc do not endear them to the authorities. The cop you're talking to won't know anything else about them.

After you get a case number from the police, write the elders and tell them you expect them to keep her away from you. "JW stalking family" is a headline they don't want to see.

I don't know what to say about your husband. Where does he stand on all of this? If he won't back you up, I do think you need to act alone if need be to protect yourself and your kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit