would you all consider this a serious threat????

by annalice 53 Replies latest jw friends

• bubble
    bubble

I would definitely go down the police and elders route. She sounds like someone who has been totally brainwashed by the sick cult and should be stopped asap.

What a nutter eh?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Excellent advice here... Annalice, where have you gone? Let us know that you are okay and check in, please, sorry to sound a bit paranoid but drop us a comment!

Love,
    Baba.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I don't know you and haven't a clue how your husband handles his family, but, aside from the cult brainwashing-she feels it is perfectly fine to treat you like this and 'drop by' as she did, leaving threatening letters. So, even if your husband will do nothing, I would go to the police and inform them of this pyscho that is stalking you and your family. You don't need this!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Juni is right; if you are not a U. S. Postal employee, putting mail/letters/note/magazines in someone's mail box is a crime. This is why Jehovah's Witnesses don't put literature in the mail box; they leave it on your screen door or something. This woman is breaking the law. I'd notify the USPIS and tell them that you're afraid that she is going to put a bomb in there, and see what happens!

The USPIS is empowered by federal laws and regulations to investigate and enforce more than 200 federal statutes related to crimes against the U.S. Mail, the Postal Service, and its employees. U.S. Postal Inspectors investigate any crime in which the U.S. Mail is used to further a scheme, whether it originated in the mail, by telephone or on the Internet. http://www.identitytheft911-sunj.com/articles/article.ext?sp=49

• whyizit
    whyizit

Someone should have this lady committed to a mental institution. Geez!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

The elders will only be interested in your xmas decorations, they don't want to get involved with crazies.

I WILL BURY YOUR CHILDREN AT ARMAGEDDON BUT YOUR WIFES BODY CAN ROT!!

This will be considered a death threat by the police. Report it now, start getting this stuff on record.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ok wait you guys seriously are thinking this lady is making a death threat?

She's not crazy. She is terrified she will lose her brother at the Battle of Armageddon, which may seem like a crzy inside joke to us, but to her is very real. I'm pretty bummed out at the lack of compassion for her.

She's trying to get her brother to "think right".

Sounds more like to me it's time her brother set her straight and made it clear that he is not returning and less like they ought to report her to the police for making death threats.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Scared is crying on the phone "I'm afraid you're going to die!"

Crazy is putting notes in your brother's mailbox saying you're going to let the birds eat your sister-in-law's rotting body. It may not be a direct death threat, but it is unacceptably over the top. Perhaps a little compassion is warranted for a crazy woman who is living her entire life in expectation of watching the carrion birds eating her sis-in-law, but only after reasonable precautions are taken to protect her family against someone who might be crazy enough to do something violent in a misguided attempt to give them a shot at life in the new system.

It's been known to happen... just saying.

I suspect the police might see it as a death threat, at the very least they will see it as violent.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

The local post office will tell you the steps you need to take reguarding the letter and the steps they will take. I'v heard stories from people I know they send an inspector to the perps home. The person I know thought he could use mailboxes to place advetising in for his business. The postal inspector wasn't playing around he demanded postage for each peice my freind delivered and placed in a mail box himself.

The usps does not play around.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I am still trying to get ahold of a friend who is still a witness to find out the latest gossip on that one.

Give that up. You know they are talking about you, and you know it's a pack of lies. It will only hurt or confuse to try and straighten out the gossip.

...send them along with a letter to her elders of her congregation asking them to deal with her...

Elders are lousy enforcers and unregistered mental health amateurs. Skip the whole elder thing and report the information to the police. Also, have a talk with hubby about needing his support and protection.

And yes, it is a serious threat. Your sister-in-law is unbalanced. The Watchtower stuff just makes her sound weirder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit