Interesting visit from broken down JW and CO

by hambeak 39 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

Yesterday pm while on gabbly Two Jw's came into my shop (former customers) with an overheating problem.

They saw my other copy of COC. I asked what can we do for you? They both were staring at the book, I noticed the car was spewing steam and coolant. Needless to say they ran away.

A few minutes later a third person (that was in the car) came in The visiting CO! I was listening to their problem and I told them since it is an 05 Toyota Avalon with low mileage the repair is covered under manufacturer warranty.

The response was that the dealer couldn't get to it til tues after x-mas. Could we fix it now. I told them the approx price was if radiator parts and labor about 350.00 and to replace thermostat and gasket another 60.00. This was too much and it is the CO's car could I give them a discount.

I said would you like a copy of the book and maybe we could talk

They left in a huff. They mentioned they might come back today I will see what happens NO DISCOUNTS!

Amazing a lowly apostate like me and a CO is terrified LOL

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

lol they were willing to associate with you as long as there MIGHT be a discount on the repair work.

it wasnt the book that scared them away , it was the repair costs LOL

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    This was too much and it is the CO's car could I give them a discount.

They have their bloody nerve, asking for a discount so they can go out and spread their lies and abuse at a reduced rate.

They should feel honoured that you would even speak to them.

I'm surprised more JWs don't get beaten up regularly.

W

• hambeak
    hambeak

I forgot to mention that I offered a diagnostic first for 79.90 and would apply that to the repair but car would have to cool down first to do a pressure test to determine source of o/h problem, but was late and they had to get to the tms and sm and talk by the co and they were running late.

I usually keep the book COC on my counter so it can't be missed by anyone coming in.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You showed them normal business friendliness. It's not your fault that the car
    under warranty chose a bad time to break down. It's not your fault that the car
    would need to cool down. They really should not have asked for any further
    discount, but I usually try to ask for one if there is a reason- theirs was a bad one.

While I no longer believe the shunning rules are proper, why can they abandon them
    so easily in this situation? Possibly, they will now say that you were no help because
    you are an apostate.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's rich! The CO wants a discount from a so called apostate. Geez!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "I told them the approx price was if radiator parts and labor about 350.00 and to replace thermostat and gasket another 60.00. This was too much and it is the CO's car could I give them a discount."

Since you mentioned that they were on their way to the KH for a meeting, perhaps they can pass a resolution for the 'congregation' to help pay for the repairs.

"... all in favor?... Buehler? Buehler? Ferris Buehler?" *said in monotone*

*sound of gum popping - in audience*

Regards,

Jim TX

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

You should have told them there's a surcharge just for dealing with them.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I love your attitude Hambeak. If they come back I guess you could tell them you have a 10% off false for prophets discount and ask them if they feel they qualify for it. That way you could see how far they will go to get something cheap. Just kidding, I feel sorry for them. They are wasting their lives for a pipe dream and not even a very good one if they think it through.

• Mary
    Mary
    I told them the approx price was if radiator parts and labor about 350.00 and to replace thermostat and gasket another 60.00. This was too much and it is the CO's car could I give them a discount.

Jesus Christ.......they asked for a discountfrom an apostate after they're responsible for your family shunning you?? Good lord, that's nervy. What would they do if the opposite happened: An elder owned a shop and an apostate came in asked for a discount. Gee, I wonder what the response would be........that just sickens me to no end.

Way to go Hambeak.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit