Interesting visit from broken down JW and CO

by hambeak 39 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Good story. Thanks for sharing!

• carla
    carla

Tell them they can have a discount if they will read out loud this very interesting book you want to get through while you work.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

HAMBEAK AT THE DOOR.

Why would they be scared????

alt

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    This was too much and it is the CO's car could I give them a discount.

I am aghast! Their thought process actually went from "hmm, Crisis of Conscience, must be an ex-JW" to "I wonder if he'll give the CO a discount?"! If you were trying to get back in the good graces of the Almighty Watchtower, would you be reading Crisis of Conscience?

What an idiot! Oh well, there's your laugh for the Christmas season. Now go listen to Cartman singing "Oh Holy Night" (SouthPark) and make the season bright.

Nina

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Take the job, and tell them they'll have their car "soon". When they come to pick up the vehicle and after you take their money, inform them that you use the same definition of "soon" as does the WTBTS. As in, for a hundred years the Big A is coming "soon". If they don't like it, tell them to wait on Jehovah.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    Take the job, and tell them they'll have their car "soon". When they come to pick up the vehicle and after you take their money, inform them that you use the same definition of "soon" as does the WTBTS. As in, for a hundred years the Big A is coming "soon". If they don't like it, tell them to wait on Jehovah.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh My Goodness!!! This is SOOOOOO hilarious!!!

...a day for a year...

Regards,

Jim TX

• skyking
    skyking

Lets be real here a minute they could only assume you were an apostate I am sure the CO is practical enough if he was by himself he would have you do the work but since the book was there and other JW would judge him for this is the reason they left. What a good Jw should of done is actually mention the elephant in the room and ask you were a former JW? Then if you said no ask you if you wanted to talk to a real flesh and blood JW.

Nothing wrong for them in any of their book to do business with you.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

These idiots think that once this dogma is in your head it can never be removed therefore they asked you for a discount for the holy one of the circuit. Pathetic. I have no sympathy for them.

W.Once

• hambeak
    hambeak

I love the responses.

They do know (the couple that came in first know I am a former jw) they stopped coming when I asked about the UN. I was on their magazine route and they brought me the books insight on the scriptures.

If they come back I will use my camera phone and take pix you should have seen the look on the co's face

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Sometimes you just nod your head in disbelief and it shows how hypocritical the CO was as well as the other 2JW's. They say one thing and do opposite like speaking with a fork tounge.

Had I been you, I would have said to the CO. why should I lower this when I have to get paid for the parts and labour and anyway he could recoupe his loss from the car company. But no he has to be what they are best at being jerks.

It sickens me beyond belief that they think they should recieve preferenial treatment just because he is a CO. It just pisses me off.

My dad was just like that always trying to get something for nearly nothing. or he would use the a so=called weaker Christian and condemn him for missing meetings or service or not being a good example but when he needed work done on his cars (this brothers was a mechanic)he wouldn't hesitate to USE this person to either get the work done for nothing or nearly nothing. But even when the work was being done he pretend to be this persons best friend and then betray him to us his family. I seen it done by others. It is beyond my comprehension that they simply use these wonderful people who have difficulties, but rather than try and help the person he and others used him. This one brother was a good person, but had problems but did any of the elders try and be kind to him, No only they critized his every move. That person would do anything for any one and not realize what they would say behind his back. The congregation was the worst gossiping cong. I ever knew.

They always tried gossiping about me but it all backfired in their faces. So those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones in this case rocks.

I am glad you held on to your principles and didn't let them use you.

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit