"I wanted to throw the book across the room"

by GetBusyLiving 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I just read the topic "I thought I was alone" by newbie elinor. I found it interesting how he mentioned that he wanted to throw the Daniel book "across the room" after reading some of the many misapplied prophecies concocted by the overlord's in Brooklyn.

When I was a JW I also fantasized at times of throwing the book across the room, but for me it was the Revelation book over ten years ago. I could actually see myself in my minds eye throwing the book at my study conductor, flipping chairs and swearing profusely as I stormed out of the house. I pent up a lot of anger because of my doubts but stayed in for my families sake years later.

Had you ever fantasized about "throwing the book across the room" when you were still in and had doubts?

GBL

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Felt like that many times especially with their Revelation book, one doctrine that angered me was the 7 trumpet blasts, that was to signify the 7 pronouncements that Joe Rutherford made in the 30's I wanted to scream from the top of my voice" HOW CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS SHITE"

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Only at the very end. After a lifetime of five hours tedium a week, I'd perfected the ability to stare straight into the speakers eyes and not hear a word. I heard so little for so many years. I brought a non-JW boyfriend to the meetings later on though, and finally heard what he'd be hearing. It was a bad time because I couldn't work out why I'd consider it such a barf, but that was all I could think of it. Some conventions, when we were in the huge stadiums and I had a few empty rows around me right up the top I'd be ho-humming my way through the program, and I'd practically yell out "Are you KIDDING me?" any time something stupid was said, which was a few times in every talk.

I never did thank the ex-boyfriend for that!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Its cathartic. Do it!

• vitty
    vitty

For years I felt like throwing the WT across the room and SCREAMING, it was like chinese water torture every week !

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have thought about dragging out the old LIVE FOREVER book that I studied in and throwing it.

I read on some anti-JW site about a person who had an unbaptism ceremony. I forget the details.
    If you are reading this and this was you, post better details.

Anyway- they were alone and took a Watchtower and maybe a OKM and did some kind of personal
    ceremony where they either burned it or threw it away at the end of the ceremony. I am actually
    considering that one day when I can get my wife to leave the borg. I really would feel silly doing it
    just by myself, but I understand why it would be therapeutic.

• elinor
    elinor

The Daniel book wasn't the only one I wanted to throw at the wall. Usually when they brought up the necessity and bible 'command' for submission of wives to their husbands I wanted to pitch the bible into the trash. I always looked at some of the brothers who were known for being little dictators in their homes. Without fail one or two would be wearing a smirk or stare at their wives as if to say "see, see, I make the rules, they told me I do". Idiots.

I also hated studying the Revelation book. Especially when the organization made changes without changing the text and everyone around you would be listening intently to the comments and were quick to point out your mistakes. That is true brotherly love (I'm being sarcastic if you didn't notice).

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've never thought of throwing books across the room, but I've had other fantasies. One fantasy involved teaming up with a couple of thugs and hijacking the PO's car while he was in service™, taking his clothes and making him walk home naked, carrying his service bag™, of course.

W

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

While I was in, I got so angry and frustrated with the JW rules, I actually took a Revelation book and ripped it to shreds. Of course, there was a knocking guilt at the back of my head, but it felt good to take my anger out on it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

FF, make sure you wear a devil mask or a life-size photo of C.T.Russell (or Fred or Ted or JF) when you do that.
    Don't get caught. You will make US look bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit