"I wanted to throw the book across the room"

by GetBusyLiving 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• Odrade
    Odrade

First Isaiah book. What a POS. We didn't attend ANY of the 2nd Isaiah bookstudy, couldn't stomach the idea. Bleh. I was already out when the new "Teacher" book came out, but I told my MIL that if she gave it to the kids we nannied, I'd take it away and tear it up and throw it out. I don't think she liked that much. Oh, and they have it now. I don't work there anymore so she gave it to them. I hate that book.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I was conducting the night when we went over the 1914 section in the Bible Teach book. I was a fresh dissenter back then, and I almost felt as if this were a sign that I would have to rock a mask very well. I made sure in that study to let everybody know that "1914 can't be proved by just one scripture, you have to jump back and forth and set up a plan to explain it." I wonder if I planted a little cognitave dissonance into their heads? Maybe not...but it would be cool if I did.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I recently helped my parents with some cleaning out at their house. Found a box of old books, mostly unused live forevers and revelation books and older yearbooks and texts. why would ANYONE keep that stuff? It felt good to pitch it out right under their noses. teehee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit