"I wanted to throw the book across the room"

by GetBusyLiving 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• JeffT
    JeffT

I was alone when I did it, and had already been out about four years; but I did throw "The Greatest Man" book at the wall when I finished it. They quoted Pontius Pilate on Jesus being a man, as if that was some kind of proof. It was more than I could take.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Haven't thrown one, but was with a group who shot a NWT with a rifle...forget the caliber, but it was big.

I'm getting curious now. I have an Aid book, Insight books, NWT, and Proclaimers book. I wonder which would best withstand my Remmington 700 in 300 Win Mag... Or would it be a waste of good ammo? W

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The "Greatest Man" book was a shot in the WTBTS foot.

For once it got people just to read the bible, before they studied the chapter. I still say this is why the book was buried without trace - people started to see that Jesus is not just a bit player in a WT psychodrama, with God as a walk on part.

And of course, having read the verses in context as a narrative, at least some of us couldn't swallow some of the interpretations being rammed in our mouths.

I think the "young People Ask" book should be mass incinerated, and the new "Teacher" book for kids.

HB

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

In the last couple of months I was still being raised/forced in it, my dad decided it would be a good idea to read the bible as a family on non meeting nights. 3 days a week of that crap was bad enough, but that new arrangement was too much for me to handle and one evening I got up, threw the bible on the floor and stormed off in anger.

A couple of weeks later I was out of it all thankfully, but it felt extremely good to do that in front of them all.

• Mary
    Mary
    Had you ever fantasized about "throwing the book across the room" when you were still in and had doubts?

Well I know Gumby was really pissed off at last weeks Bookstudy where it outlined all the crap you have to go through in order to get baptized. He was furious that he had to sit there and bite his tongue and not say anything.

I never had a desire to throw a book across the room but when I was doing The Fade I certainly felt like yelling out "What a crock of shit!" and walking out. The Memorial earlier this year was a real trial. Boring, smug and condesending, it thoroughly disgusted me.

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

I wanted to masturbate my brain by rubbing the Watchtower language all over my intellect and then heave a sigh of self-satisfaction that I was in the only "true" religion!

LOL! That's probably the best explaination I've heard! So true.

• mavie
    mavie
    Haven't thrown one, but was with a group who shot a NWT with a rifle...forget the caliber, but it was big.
    I'm getting curious now. I have an Aid book, Insight books, NWT, and Proclaimers book. I wonder which would best withstand my Remmington 700 in 300 Win Mag... Or would it be a waste of good ammo? W

Well, I have a video of the deed, I'll see if I can get clearance to send it to you...

I would go for the Insight book, btw. That Aid book is too valuable.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Or would it be a waste of good ammo?

Proper target practice is never a waste of ammo.

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

I disagreed with 'the family' book on many topics, funny my wife & I are married 27 years

• luna2
    luna2
    jgnat said: I'll be studying the Revelation book.

You're going to laugh, jgnat. Its pretty awful. The Rev book is so ridiculous with how its wild prophesies are applied to WTS events that it even woke me from my stupor long enough to realize how stupid this must sound to "outsiders". Its too bad I didn't follow that thought. Sadly, I went back to my comatose state for another decade.

I was fading fast when we had the Daniel book. What a crock of crap. I didn't want to throw it at anybody but I sure didn't want to study it either. I stopped going to book study after a couple of weeks of that junk. The first meeting I cut out entirely.

I don't know how gumby is standing the torture, Mary. ((((gumby))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit