I Saw Some JWs Last Night & They Gave Me The Cold Shoulder Like I Was Df'd

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

Next time go up to them and give them a big hug and tell 'em " I love you man"

• LuciousJ
    LuciousJ

LMAO......as much as it is funny....truth be told, it is also very uncomfortable knowing that people are actually trying desperately to avoid you. How are you 'supposed' to act/respond? I mean, they are going out of their way to steer clear of you like you are possessed or poison......it's so unreal. I would love to be a fly inside the car group after they see me!!!!

L.J.

• blondie
    blondie
    Next time go up to them and give them a big hug and tell 'em " I love you man"

Excellent!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

No doubt you have been marked, or df'd and nobody had the brass to tell you. Still...

his wife was the last person I was involved with as an elder judicially. She got df'd.

He wouldn't be much of a man if he got chummy with one of the three who passed judgment on his wife. I mean really... you want flowers from them or something? You're complaining about being shunned by him, and you were one of the guys who voted in favour of his wife being shunned. You don't think that's a little hypocritical?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Minimus did not "Cause the family grief" , the husband came forward and shopped his wife. He knew the steps that the congo would take, even if he personally had forgiven her. Minimus did what he felt he had to do, as a serving elder.

Many of us can look back on things that we certainly would not do know. Normally the families bear no malice because they are still within and blinkered by the rules of the Borg.

Incidentally, the only man with whom I have contact and maintain occasional e mail discussions, is the father of a young 'sister' who sufferred disfellowshipping at my hand and that of the committee . She is reinstated now and her dad and I are on good terms.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I think you're getting a hard time and I cant quite understand why Minumus! Whatever his reasons for doing so, this good JW should not have shunned you, and you were merely passing comment not getting on your high horse about it.

However I have found that of the ones that have shunned me (I am not DFed or DAd) they are usually ones who feel a great injustice. They have had ones disfellowshipped in their family or whatever and see I should be getting the same treatment. I dont really blame them, and feel as you do, I dont care much either. I just give a wry smile and carry on with what I was doing, trying to look as happy as possible while doing it.

Poppy

• nelly136
    nelly136

if dfing his wife was your last 'elder act' before leaving, maybe he has since wondered if you were masquerading as an elder and knew you were leaving when you sat on her committee?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

For the record folks,

I am not attacking Minimus for being a bad guy and DF'ing the woman. I am not attacking Minimus for
    elevating himself over this guy, or anything like that. He was a JW elder doing his job, the guy came
    to him with a situation. What I do point out is that guy's possible point of view- and my main question
    after understanding that it wasn't a simple snub as if he were marked or DF'ed, but

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN BRING IT UP AS A THING THAT MAKES YOU GO "Hmmmmm" ?

The answer seems obvious. Otherwise, it's a great story of life in the cult.
    Minimus has been a great sport, answering our questions and taking the brunt of our jokes.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I just find it kind of sick that Min is a chronic closet judicial committee masturbator.

GBL

(kidding)

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Maybe he's a recent DF and is holding up his end of Jehobob's theocrackpot arrangement by being a good shunnee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit