I Saw Some JWs Last Night & They Gave Me The Cold Shoulder Like I Was Df'd

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Answer this question honestly Min

LOL. I was implying something of the sort, but what Min did tell was facinating.

You should have worded it, "after you handled her judicially."

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding her husband, I think he's dumb. Regarding masturbating over his wife, nah, (not while I was an elder).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I think he's dumb.

Could you think he's dumb because he is

That would explain why he didn't want to look you in the eye. He knows you don't
    respect him. That, or he wishes to be just like you- away from the borg.

• minimus
    minimus

Nah, I just think he's dumb.......Why don't I think he looked at me? Why did he shun me, imho?? Like I've said, I believe he shunned me, more in a "theocratic" sense.

• penny2
    penny2

Hi Min

Seeing you are not DS'd or DA'd, you can still associate with your family (at least I believe that is your situation). Having been an elder, you knew all the rules and were able to "get out" with less consequences than others.

You caused this family grief. You were one of those elders who did that to people who weren't as "JW-street smart" as you.

OK, we forgive you because you were brainwashed too.

HOWEVER, you now have the opportunity to apologise to this man. Obviously he is going to be traumatised everytime he sees you (JCs do that to people). So something in writing would be the kind thing.

Just my view.

penny2

• minimus
    minimus

I doubt I'll see this guy again.....I didn't cause this family grief! THEY were/are followers of the religion. THEY approached the elders (me first), and it was dealt with by JW standards. I'm sure you think I should apologize to everyone that I counseled or dealt with judicially, too. Hey, we ALL were in the same religion. I don't expect persons that didn't know any better to write me a note saying how they might've discouraged me or whatever.

• Honesty
    Honesty

You getting a little testy tonight, mini?

You'll eventually look forward to encountering JW's because it'll prove that you made the right decision in escaping the cult.

• minimus
    minimus

As long as I am a "fader", I will not look forward to seeing JWs. Besides, I already know I made the right decision to get out.

• LuciousJ
    LuciousJ

((((((MINIMUS)))))))

Oh my, can I relate. About a week ago, my husband & I went to dinner at a local restaurant. We saw not one JW family but TWO. One of the families was about to leave and they walked up to the other family's table to talk to them. When they turned to leave, they walked thru and around every single table to avoid walking by us. It was the FUNNIEST THING. Then, the family that was still there, were finished eating for over 10 mins. (we were FACING them and could see everything and they looked at us numerous times) and they stayed there until we got up and left. Had we not had somewhere to be, we would have sat at that table until they CLOSED the place!!!! Funniest thing is, the table that waited........it was just discovered about 2 or 3 months ago that the wife was having a 2-year affair. Well, the other family that talked to them.....the husband is an elder so apparently.....NOTHING was done to this woman. We Da'd ourselves but they treat US like we're a disease!!!! Another funny thing.....this husband (of the woman who had an affair) works out at our gym and the other day I was in there and he was 2 machines away from me and looked right at me. Neither of us did anything but go to another machine. Isn't it sad? I'm not leading a double life anymore but his wife was and she is still considered favorable in God's eyes!!!!! What a JOKE!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, it IS something, isn't it??? I believe this was the first time I felt "shunned". I thought it was rather amusing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit