New "donation" arrangement begins to FAIL

by Tech49 54 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

WT is always telling the sheeples to rely on god and he will provide, so where is he now? If he really is an all-powerful god that created everything, he could create a few gold bars to cover his expenses.

Please give Jehoober some more time. I heard he is still trying to figure out how to send loafs of bread to all the starving children in Africa. Once he figures that out, he will address this too. Baby steps my friends..

• hoser
    hoser
    When the money is controlled centrally there is no more pride of ownership in the Kingdom Hall and it is easy to assume that someone else will contribute.
  • DJS
    DJS
    Hopefully this will spread like a virus within the Borg. It resembles the fatal flaw of Communism: All of the planning was centrally controlled and the worker bees weren't allowed to see the reward for their hard work.
  • sir82
    sir82

It resembles the fatal flaw of Communism

It took over 70 years for Communism to fail.

It looks like the WTS ship is starting to sink less than a year out of the gate. How happifying!

• DJS
    DJS

sir82,

That thought crossed my mind too. The Communists had guns and prison camps; the Dark Lords have DFing and shaming. Since they can't DF anyone based on $ sent to the Dark Tower, that leaves shaming, which doesn't appear to be as effective as guns and labor camps.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Another reason I hate the leaders of this despicable, money grabbing cult.
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I'll have to check the posted accounts report because I don't even remember what the tithing err voluntary congregation donation was each month.

As many said at the time this was implemented, people tend to be overly optimistic about their ability to contribute on those anonymous surveys and as a result, there was an unrealistic amount promised. And the WTS likely knew this was going to be the case. Certainly seems to open the way for a tithing arrangement so they can track the slackers.

I thought about putting down $100 per month on a slip but I've shared in so much deception as a JW that I simply can't be bothered anymore. So we didn't turn a slip in.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i hope the wts DO bring in tithing. then watch the stampede out the door.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

For years------- NO...... FOR DECADES, the WT re-printed CT Russell's quote that when the money dried up it was a sign that Jehovah was not longer backing the work. That's gonna bite them in the A$$ The funds are already drying up and they are scrambling to find new ways to bring in ca$h -- even selling off their NYC properties with the iconic WATCHTOWER logo blazoned in the skyline.

Their constant groveling for ca$h is bound to turn off many otherwise devoted members who remember the quote. Especially those who were told they were never to get old and now they are burying their spouses. They will see the false promises and the drying up of Jehovah's Blessing and they will lose their faith in the WTS (even if only silentyly by withholding their ca$h).

The more high profile exposure in the media of the pedophile problem is going to turn off another segment of the devoted members. They (WTS) are beginning to sound more and more like Christendom (esp the Catholic Church, which was the target of their hate speech for years).

Bottom line is that all of this negative publicity will take it's toll on the faithful who are expected to give their hard earned ca$h without question. Once one begins to question.............well, we know where that take you.

Doc

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Our hall of 75 pubs the donations have gone down significantly, from over $5000 in the bank back in May to just under $1000 now. Our super Elders and MS are too consumed with Pioneering, none of them have been contributing( I know because I am the Account Servant). 3 old Sisters have been carrying the congregation for years, but even they have slacked off.

It is amazing how much you learn as an account servant. I knew that our congregation donations depended on 3 or 4 people. The vast majority, including elders (and me) contributed nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit