New "donation" arrangement begins to FAIL

by Tech49 54 Replies latest jw friends

• 88JM
    88JM

DesirousOfChange - I know of a pioneer brother who had a very fancy custom-bound leather NWT with a large section from that old Watchtower including that quote pasted into the inside cover of his fancy leather binding. Ironic that the WTBTS has got rid of that translaton and also pretty much breaking that promise.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

As many said at the time this was implemented, people tend to be overly optimistic about their ability to contribute on those anonymous surveys and as a result, there was an unrealistic amount promised. And the WTS likely knew this was going to be the case.

I was in a congregation that built an expensive new hall based on what was promised on the "survey" slips. The few months afterward were okay, but the amount collected started dropping to considerably less than promised. Of course all the JWs over-estimated how much they would be able to give. They're constantly told "jehovah will bless your efforts that are in harmony with his will." The sheeples reasoned "if I donate generously, jehovah will pour out his blessing! I'll probably get a raise. My car won't break down. I won't get sick." But the reality was that they amount the congregation had been collecting before the "survey" was already more than most of the dubs could afford.

"jehovah's blessing" is as phony as the "spiritual paradise"

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

When I tell the wife that there will be ZERO contributions from my check, because of Pedo coverups, there will be a little more debt hanging over the WTBTS. Yay!!!

DD😈

• Scully
    Scully
    THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Maybe this is a tactic to justify selling more Kingdom Halls (the ones whose congregations aren't making their "quota" and/or are falling too far behind) in the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit