New "donation" arrangement begins to FAIL

by Tech49 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    "The greedy bring ruin to their households, but the one who hates bribes will live." Proverbs 15:27 NIV
  • neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

They weren't ever gonna get the full amount of the pledge. I suspect they knew that.

Still, this gives them a useful hammer to whack the sheep over the head with. They aren't begging for money, you see. They're reminding them to fulfill their "voluntary" oath.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Screw them. You can start a campaign to reduce the promised amount since it's so difficult. The worst they can do is dissolve the congregation if their guilt trip fails.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was the account servant for many - many years. I am also a CPA and an accounting professor. So, I know budgeting and the many problems associated with budget management. Part of me would love to be a part of the financial inner circle to understand what is going on. But that would mean that I would have to shave my beard and go back to the meetings, which will not happen.

What you describe get to the core problem with this arrangement. I suspected all along that this new system would fail. I love these stories, keep them coming.

• JeffT
    JeffT

New York, with the exception of the part about being CPA I could have written that post (including the part about the beard). My background is in real estate. I have thought since this started that they have some hurdle rate in mind, and underperforming congregations will be disbanded and merged elsewhere. Then they will sell the building.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at their financial meetings.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I wrote down $250. So far I have given $00,000,000.00

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

Dialogue from Arthur Miller's "The Crucible"

Proctor: (after being asked why he wasn't coming to Church regularly) I surely did come when I could, and when I could not I prayed in this house.

Hale: Mr. Proctor, your house is not a church; your theology must tell you that.

Proctor: It does, sir, it does; and it tells me that a minister may pray to God without he have golden candlesticks upon the altar.

Hale: What golden candlesticks?

Proctor: Since we built the church there were pewter candle-sticks upon the altar; Francis Nurse made them, y'know, and a sweeter hand never touched the metal. But Parris came, and for twenty week he preach nothin' but golden candlesticks until he had them. I labor the earth from dawn of day to blink of night, and I tell you true, when I look to heaven and see my money glaring at his elbows - it hurt my prayer, sir, it hurt my prayer. I think, sometimes, the man dreams cathedrals, not clapboard meeting houses.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I wrote down $250. So far I have given $00,000,000.00

oh! you be so bad. If only you were the exception. But as we all know, what you did is pretty close to what most of the r&f did.

Shame on you all!! :)

• NoGoodDeed
    NoGoodDeed

Is this happening only in the United States? My Jehovah's Witness family in Europe have not mentioned that anything has changed, but the ownership of Kingdom Halls may be different in some countries.

So you are saying that the Watchtower made the local Kingdom Halls send in all of their bank accounts and now are asking for more money as well? Does the Watchtower have any power to force the brothers to donate a certain amount - like a tithe without calling it a "tithe"?

In Europe most Witnesses would give a certain amount every month, but no more or less. Appeals for more funds would land on deaf ears. Is that what is happening in USA? What about Canada? Is the same program being enforced there as well?

I will try to contact some friends in UK and see if they experience a different approach. Most Kingdom Halls in Ireland and Scotland have been paid for many years and new Kingdom Halls are quite rare. Why is it that in the USA that they seem to want to replace every Kingdom Hall so often.

I hope no one gives any more money and breaks their backs. The Watchtower is led by a gang of bankers and crooks. Does anyone have a list of the Watchtower share holders? It might be interesting to know some of those names. Can anyone buy or pay for Watchtower stock certificates, or are they only passed down in families?

NGD

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

This money grab by those crooks/Governing Body/WT Corporation and forcing a pledge for a regular dollar amount will have some very serious repercussions on future donations, I bet that 95% of the congregations are not making their pledged amount and these negative CO visits pummeling ain't really going to help they are making themselves adversaries by this and many will wake up and stop giving. And so more pummeling and more negativity this might spawn a mass exodus as more and more get sick and tired of these belly aching speeches from these Corporation bosses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit