New "donation" arrangement begins to FAIL

by Tech49 54 Replies latest jw friends

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Ive never heard of scanning the receipts and sending them off to the branch! I know locally (washington dc) thats not being done
  • 88JM
    88JM

_Morpheus - it's just for the congregation here as far as I know because it looked like they weren't emptying the box often enough.

• OzGirl
    OzGirl
    "They weren't ever gonna get the full amount of the pledge. I suspect they knew that." - neverendingjourney

My guess is that the Watchtower Society is counting on the fact that most congregations won't meet the full payment of the pledge. This would then make "new light" necessary and pave the way for tithing.

I hope I'm wrong on this point but I just "have a feeling in my bones" on this matter.

• sir82
    sir82

My guess is that the Watchtower Society is counting on the fact that most congregations won't meet the full payment of the pledge. This would then make "new light" necessary and pave the way for tithing.

I hope I'm wrong on this point but I just "have a feeling in my bones" on this matter.

I had precisely the same thought. Look for "new light" in 2 or 3 years.

• blondie
    blondie

Vote with your pocketbook

Vote with your feet

• sir82
    sir82

We had a CO visit last month. Our congregation too is constantly way way WAY short on what was pledged vs. what is contributed. But he didn't say anything about it.

Our particular CO seems to be one of the few who concentrates on "people", not "business".

He's due to be swapped out later this year. We'll probably get the hammer then.

• antes8080
    antes8080

@tec49 wow 800dlls a month thats a huge amount. some congs whent the realistic route 100-150 dlls a month.other cong have high amounts 700-900

are Cong whent with 300 dlls wich we cant cover.

there is a lil over 13000 congs in the US at around average of donation of 350 a month for the pass 9 months thats over 40million dlls, plus the funds on deposit they took away are they stashing the money in a swiss bank..

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OzGirl - "My guess is that the Watchtower Society is counting on the fact that most congregations won't meet the full payment of the pledge. This would then make 'new light' necessary and pave the way for tithing."

Two or three years ago, I would've said "no way".

These days, though...

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

The general attitude is to just get through the meeting and then get home to watch whatever was taped off the cable TV box.

lol... did you read my mind.

• James Jack
    James Jack

D O C loved the George Carlin bit.

Tech49,

Our hall of 75 pubs the donations have gone down significantly, from over $5000 in the bank back in May to just under $1000 now. Our super Elders and MS are too consumed with Pioneering, none of them have been contributing( I know because I am the Account Servant). 3 old Sisters have been carrying the congregation for years, but even they have slacked off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit