I'm upset at an elder

by OnTheWayOut 22 Replies latest jw friends

• NanaR
    NanaR
    He said they would love that but it's up to Bro. OTWO. If he is able to do it, that
    would be great. So what do you think, Bro. OTWO, will you take the territory assignments
    back?"

This rings big warning bells in my brain.

Sounds to me as if the elders are trying to get you to reconsider your resignation. Or to determine WHY you haven't been going in field service. And they are using sisters to do it...

When I stopped going in service and then stopped attending meetings, an elder's wife visited my daughter to "pump" her for information as to why I had become inactive -- and to lay a guilt trip on me as in "she should come back even if only for Anna" (Anna was my elderly mother who died last year).

Your "fade" may be in jeopardy... I recommend watching your back.

NanaR

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hello again, OTWO through a brick wall,

Are dead publishers still required to turn in a monthly time slip? Will they be questioned over the 15 minute minimum should they prove unable, due to health concerns, to pioneer?

I was in a foreign langcongo and it was so critical for all of us to do our jobs or the entire operation would go bust. Well, so we idealistic kids thought. Your conscientious nature probably has you still wanting to help those in need. And those at the hall who don't know where you stand, simply know and trust you as a friend, and couldn't care less about WT policy #36te547ue. Do you know any take-charge types? Mavericks? The WT system has no procedural policy or means to deal with those who could just possibly be combining their God-given abilities with trust in God and the holy spirit to pitch in and get a job done. There was a bad situation once where I offered to act as mediator between two gangs - the company men v. the elder-haters. The latter were friends and trusted me implicity. Since it's not policy to have one such as I act in any helpful capacity, the situation remains hateful. Too bad we cannot just be loving and caring individuals and DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE!

I guess I'm off topic a bit; however, being miffed at elders is most common. Since they do not call me, hence offering no help of any sort [it's OK!], I'm not subjected to the stuff you have described. Too bad you cannot just go out with the pioneers, JWD-type info (in WT format) in hand to offer those of foreign-expression. It could work!

CoCo

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

OTWO,

He could be doing one of two things: either he is, in fact, misleading and merely trying to absolve himself of responsibility in the matter - saying "it's his(your) decision" about the territories, so that the pioneers think you willingly do not want to help anymore and they just better settle for the help of the elder; OR he is dangling the privelege to you, seeing if somehow that will draw you back. The former tactic I understand - its human nature - even though it is underhanded, the latter tactic I do not understand. Since I stepped aside as an MS about 9 months ago the constantly dangled little priveleges in front of me - a part of me told me they were trying to entice me to coming back, the other part of me (the underhanded side) knew it was just so they could make it look like I was slacking off and they were merely removing priveleges that were not valued. I asked them to remove me as an MS and it took about 4 months for them to do so - while in the meantime my name is pasted all over the service meeting schedule and they knew I wasn't going to give any more talks or anything. So everyone in the congregation knows I'm slacking off and not fulfilling my responsibilities. And then afterwards, finally, they make the announcement that I am no longer an MS. so everyone nods their head because, of course, they know why.

I say screw em. The sooner you get out of their little games and move on with your life the sooner you can return to sanity and peace. So peace out,

-dp

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I say screw em. The sooner you get out of their little games and move on with your life the sooner you can return to sanity and peace. So peace out,

Somehow I see this as the ONLY option, LOL!

Kingdom Halls are run with "politics" and "organizational policies" kept in mind. The way I see it---THEY messed things up----let THEM bear the responsibilty of straightening them back out. After ALL----it IS all by "Jehovah's arrangement" that this is carried out.........right?

Let'em stew in their "organizational" juices!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They are definitely not trying to get me to reconsider my resignation.
    They would love for me to come to my senses and be part of the
    team, but I burned a bridge that would take years to rebuild.

I can appreciate the "dangling privileges" theories, but I don't know
    about "using" sisters to find out what I am up to.

• skyking
    skyking

Can you say mind control: this is what the Elders are doing to you.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

OTWO, I have no doubt that the edler has dropped the ball and is putting a guilt trip on you. The body know you are perfectly capable of doing the territory assignment among other things, they don't like that you are UNWILLING. You know, "Here I am send someone else". Always pisses them off. They know that they will have to do your work as well and that they are hardly qualified to hold the territory box let alone organize it properly. Most elders have turned field service into a necessary evil to remain an overlord.

I agree, let it drop. Take your toys and stay home.

In the congregation that I was in, I did the territories when an MS. When I became an elder I gave it to another MS. I had organized it and made a binder for it and printed forms for keeping track of do not calls, etc. and I saw last year that they haven't changed a thing. The binder is ratty and has the same paperwork in it. It's stuffed with notes on do not calls etc and is a shambles.

Lives are involved! NOT!

W.Once

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    let it drop. Take your toys and stay home.

That's not an issue. Of course I am not going to help them out.
    They really know that, too. I think one elder just said something
    stupid instead of taking the heat from a few pioneers. I had all
    the territory in order.

I am happy that the territory is not getting updated. There's
    nothing better than wasting recruiters' time on people who told
    the last recruiter 6 months ago to f***k off. Better yet, "We told that
    lady last time that that old man died." The CO will look at the mess
    and never get around to me (like he did last time).

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

If you're forced to take it back or risk exposure, do a really lame job won't you?

Here's a thought for our Bethel spy: how about letting these 'privileges' be recordable as time spent in service? Stuff would get done, pioneer sisters would feel like they're doing something useful and be able to take a little control over their stupid world, and reported time would triple in a month!! Win-win-win.

• willyloman
    willyloman

OTWO: You are describing a dysfunctional minion operating in a dysfunctional system. Don't expect much, and you won't be disappointed. My advice: Move on (and away) from these guys as fast as possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit