Did you ever drink at the hall?

by kid-A 34 Replies latest jw friends

• roflcopter
    roflcopter

I remember when I was 18, a buddy and I went down to TJ to drink.... We were so extremely drunk we had to sleep in the car for like 6 hours before we could drive.

Anyways, we made it a point to go to the meeting that night... I showed up dressed in a suit with no shoes and socks on.

From that point on people called me "brother shoeless"

Pretty amazing that I was never talked to about that situation, and ppl didn't know I was sooooo buzzed at the time.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Wouldn't that also be giving alcohol to minors as many many witnesses get married right out of school so they can have legitimate sex, only to be miserable later or divorce at a higher rate then the world they condemn?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I often drank before I went to the meetings. I didnt fully realize why at the time, other than I was miserable and medicating myself. Alcohol was the drug of choice of the Watchtower society. Looking back many of the elders were heavy drinkers. It was acceptable in the 70's in Cleveland.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

Never tried that.

bczar

• thepackage
    thepackage

I've been to meetings hung-over. However, I remenber one wedding where one a person in the bridal party dropped a bottle of Jack Daniel's in the middle of the talk. LOL I positive he never got talked to about that. One of my friends used to leave meeting early and hit the local bar all the time. He'd tell his parents he had to leave for work and they would belive him.

• Scully
    Scully

Never drank at or before going to the KH.

However, there was a point near the end of our tenure at the KH when I needed 4 mg of lorazepam to keep myself from going snaky before going to the District Convention.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I used to liberate alcohol from my parents bar, kept a flask with me, drank in the Kingdumb hall bathroom, once I even smoked out in the parking lot. The only way to survive a thursday night brainwashing.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

towards the end of my incarceration we used to have the book study at our house, and I used to drink vodka and lemonade, everyone thought it was water, and I'd get through that way!! It was the only way to survive,

Poppy

• new boy
    new boy

Only when I would partake at the memorial!

• kid-A
    kid-A

"I needed 4 mg of lorazepam to keep myself from going snaky before going to the District Convention."

LMAO !!! At this point I would need to be under general anesthesia before they could get my carcass into a District Convention....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit