Did you ever drink at the hall?

by kid-A 34 Replies latest jw friends

I was guilty of toking in the parking lot.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

As a kid I knew my dads JW frinds well..They would do thier parts of the meeting pissed.They held thier liquor well,so it wasn`t noticed by the rest of the congragation..Vodka was the alcohol of choice..It could be covered up with a breath mint...OUTLAW

• Kudra
    Kudra

ha ha.

One Saturday night my friends and I were out on the railroad tracks drinking and we see the cops coming. So one of us drops the bottle (big plastic water bottle full of Tequila and Gatorade...) on the ground at our feet and kicks it stratight out into the woods just as the police reach us.

We have a little chat and are off the hook! SOOOO smooth. ***insert smiley with rolling eyes here***

Anyway at the meeting the next day the two cops were sitting across the aisle from us at the meeting! Dressed like regular "brothers"! I really don't think they recognized us. But why were they there?!

How bizarre, we were like "...w.t.f...?"

-Kudra

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

personally, my whole life as a witness, I never took a sip. The po who was responsible for turning the congregation on me did though. We used to say he had a nose like rudolph behind his back. He is now deceased. I think his drinking was related to this because he died with tremendous stomach problems. I guess he followed Rutherfords footsteps. Rutherford died of colon cancer. How ironic and yet strangly fitting, an ass hole who dies of cancer of the ass hole. Sorry for being so crude, but both these men destroyed families and I consider Rutherford the greatest watchtower villian of all time.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I have seen more drinking on KH property, before meetings, quick builts, even in the GB lodgings at Bethel where we stayed as we worked on the site was brought in by other elders who lived there, I have seen more drinking than you can shake a stick at. I look back on the drinking and driving, cursing, elders hooting at women, looking down from the truck seats to see a womans leg or more, stopping at bars. As Gomer Pyle would say "SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME" the amount of hypocrisy I have seen would last me a lifetime. But as the song said in "just a good ole boys meaning no harm" that is what has protected so many of them from their own gallows.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Water only.

Blueblades

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I got nuked before meetings quite often. It was all I could do to further numb my mind-numbed brain from the pain. The only drawback was having to go for so many piss breaks and having to re-tuck in my dress shirt every time.

GBL

• Ariel84
    Ariel84

I remember one Sunday meeting I went to with an excruciating hangover. I was dragged there by the very "sister" who got bombed with me the night before.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I know of one brother who showed up so drunk for his own wedding from the night before, they had to have a bucket for him to spew in during his vows, glorifying indeed.

• Emma
    Emma

When my mom knew the bride or groom, she used to bring a bottle of wine to the KH for before the ceremony. So many couples were nervous nearly to death! She wasn't trying to get them sloshed but to calm their nerves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit