Did You Ever REALLY Love "Jehovah God"?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

What's interesting about prayer is that if yoy get what you're asking for, GOD heard and granted your prayer. But if you get no answer, either you're not doing something approved by God, hence he doesn't hear it or he does hear it and simply ignores your petition since it's not his will. 2 JWs can pray for a car to pioneer, one may get it, the other doesn't. Go figure.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - I tried to. I love the brothers and sisters but struggle with God

• opr83
    opr83

W.Once,

Best post on this thread, W.Once. "love", "God", and how those words interact for humankind throughout the centuries... And how we as humans have distorted the meaning. It would be nice to know at some point, booby prize not withstanding...

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I don't know. I thought I loved him. I've always been impressed with nature and since I believed he was the one behind that, I guess I did. I was never able to understand why I felt guilty for so much stuff and why I never seemed to be able to do enough.

I don't know what I think now. Today is a perfect example. I woke up early this morning. I had my shower and breakfast and went to work. Before bed last night, I read fifty or so pages in this Steve Hassan book on cult mind control (I can't remember the title right now), and I had the fleeting thought before going to bed that maybe god wasn't a jerk and I maybe I shouldn't hate him. So fast forward to this morning. I was a one-man Laurel and Hardy routine all day at work. I dropped, misrang, knocked, bumped, tripped, offended, blah blah blah to the point where I was ready to cry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit