Did You Ever REALLY Love "Jehovah God"?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Looking back, honestly, do you think you ever really loved Jehovah???

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Well, I tried to love him, but he didn't show it back. How can I love an asshole?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Not "their" Jehovah

• minimus
    minimus

So, when you were a Witness, you didn't "love" Jehovah???

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Yup, in the manner proscribed.

Then I found out that I had never known what love was; nor that their focus was unChristian; nor that their portrayal of God was completely inaccurate, being an anthropomorphised collage of the WTS Presidents (think about that one).

But I got better

• xjwms
    xjwms

At one time I thought I did.

The reason was, .. that he provided me with so many loving associates

People I could trust, .. and surround myself with.

WOW

Now I know that it was just not true.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I loved God, but not their concept of God, I definitely didnt love their organization, I never got misty eyed at conventions, nor had any warm fuzzy feelings for the meetings. I always doubted they had the truth, but never had no proof otherwise. I finally just gave up on the religion, and figured, "Oh well, I guess Armageddon will be here soon, but maybe not" I never knew for sure one way or the other. I couldnt be completely worldy, and I couldnt be completely JW, I was stuck in the middle in no mans land.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Er.. No , never did never will, that angry destructive Hebrew god? Not very likable is he?

• minimus
    minimus

Honestly, how can we LOVE someone we can't see? JWs like to believe that Jehovah God answers prayers...but did He ever, really??

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Honestly, how can we LOVE someone we can't see?

I often pictured Jehovah on his throne, and me sitting on his lap, hugging him and him hugging me back. I totally loved the guy, like a child loves his father. I appreciated his provision of the earth and his organization, the whole shmeer. I even thanked him over and over for killing his son instead of me.

Seems so totally freaky now!

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit