Notes from recent CO meeting with elders/ms

by Doubting Bro 41 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

3 ways we can demonstrate godly fear:

1) Resolving Disputes – 1 Cor 6:1-8 – Don’t take your brother to court. Paul outlined this policy for Christians. Serious disputes such as fraud and slander should be handled in accordance with Matt 18. To avoid reproach on Jehovah’s name, elders should provide direction but not take sides. Settle business matters by using the Bible. Contact the branch if necessary. There are some permissible legal matters that can go to court including 1) insurance compensation, 2) divorce, 3) child custody, 4) alimony, 5) bankruptcy, 6) wills. You can take legal action if the other party sues you first (counter-suit). If you sue your brother, you will be removed as an elder/ms

What a way to keep a victim a victim. Is it a requirement when going to court to tell what your religion is?

If I were an elder and MS, and lets say....a brother has embezzled a million dollard from my business.........in order to stay an elder or MS, I would have to give up pursuing recourse? Is the society going to compensate people for these kinds of arguements? Or does the Society only want things that go to court where an elder or MS has gotten a crappy deal from lets say a CO...what about child molestation, abuse, robbery?

I really don't think I understand this. When a person breaks the law, it brings reproach upon them unless they are representing the organization? I may be way off here, but to me they are saying there is to be no reproach against WT, not Jehovah

purps

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Notice that you just can't sue your "brother". You can sue your employers for all kinds of crazy things as noted in that earlier thread that listed all the JW law suits. Guess if you work for a "brother" you can't sue that employer.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Notice that you just can't sue your "brother". You can sue your employers for all kinds of crazy things as noted in that earlier thread that listed all the JW law suits. Guess if you work for a "brother" you can't sue that employer.

good point

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Thanks rolling rock. I was going to mention my lastest find on the net.

http://jwemployees.bravehost.com/index.html

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Only those who meet spiritual qualifications at the time of appointment are said to be appointed by holy spirit

This is great. The Holy Spirit always gets it right, except when it gets it wrong, which then can't be Holy Spirit??? I wonder how the Holy Spirit chooses when not to get involved with the appointments?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witnesses appear to not know the difference between litigation and court. In my experience, most lawsuits don't go to "court". If I sue you and we settle it "out of court", did we go to court? Nope! Court is the last solution to litigation, not the first.

Can you sue your "brother" and not take him to court? Of course! If I sue you, it's your decision to go to court, not mine. When you meet my demands or when we agree on a solution, the suit ends.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am pretty sure that the vast majority of cases involving serious money or serious damage, the elder or ms will be willing to say "I know I am right, I'm going to sue." The command will only do the organization more harm than good.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

This statement is the clearest admission that the Holy Spirit is subject to the minds of men. If they do not follow the requirements set out in the BIble, the appointment will go through because those with oversight must go on the reccomendation of the body, unless they personally have knowledge of some way the individual does not meet a requirement. This means that only when the men in the congregation are honest, reliable and respective of the scriptures, will the appointment be by Holy Spirit. The last time the Holy Spirit had anything to do with an appointment was when it inspired the writing of the requirements.

It is not an active force. This means that when a loser is appointed we know that Holy Spirit was not involved. This of course means that those men who reccomended the loser didn't have God's Spirit directing them. Worst of all, God's Spirit didn't actively do anything to prevent the injustice... On top of all that, we are told to wait on God's Spirit to remove the jackass.

But HOW?

What a load of crap. I'm not waiting any longer, I faded.

W.Once

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Doubting Bro--What a cool name.

Interesting stuff, keep us posted.

YC

• sf
    sf
    If you sue your brother, you will be removed as an elder/ms.

Go figure.

All brothers are desirable. Don’t feel that the English language congregations are superior to non-English congregations when sharing the hall.

There they go again, insulting what's left of your intelligence. Wait. I think that was an insult. Oh well.

Don’t measure prospective elders against what current elders are doing, measure against the guidelines. Must be baptized for 1 year

Haha!!!!

Holy spirit is behind us.

Um, yea, something is be-hind you, BUTT it isn't any type of HOLY SPIRIT brothers!

Nice to see you again DB. How's the fade going? Any timeline yet? I swear, waiting for some of you higher ranking male members to get up and out, and help some of the flock while you are at it, is like waiting for Bush to pull the damn troops out already. No wait! It's like.....

waiting for Armageddon!!

Just curious.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit