Notes from recent CO meeting with elders/ms

by Doubting Bro 41 Replies latest jw friends

• observador
    observador

"Ok, let me get this straight. Elders/ms are appointed by holy spirit only if they met the qualifications set out in the Bible. But, holy spirit doesn’t block the appointment of someone who doesn’t? So, how exactly is holy spirit involved at all? And, notice how it’s not just the scriptures that are used. The theocratic history is the element that gets 90% of the attention in my experience."

And besides, if meeting Bible qualifications was really what mattered, then anyone out there, JW or not, who meets those qualifications would have to be appointed by the HS, right? :)

It's all smoke and mirrors, lurkers.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/125693/1.ashx

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

With reference to SSPO's remarks about how young some where when appointed elders:

- The youngest age that I knew of a "brother" being appointed elder at was 19.
    This was late 1972, when the "elder arrangement" (sorry for the JW-speak!) had just been implemented.
    This person's only claim to fame was that he got on very well with the old "Congregation Servant."

- In another congregation at that same time,I knew of a 21 year old being appointed as an elder.
    His qualifications for the position were identical to the ones that the 19 year old had
    - i.e. he was very good mates with the Congregation Servant.

The subject of this thread - Notes from the recent C.O. Meeting with Elders and Servants - doesn't make any mention being a member of the Old Boys Club.
    In my experience that one was the most essential of the lot, if you wanted to make MS or Elder!

Jack.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit