2006 SERVICE REPORT - Feb 1, 2007 WT

by Mary 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Triple A
    Triple A

Do not forget Guam 616 - makes the total 973,833. If they were double counting.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Poland is interesting,more gone than was baptised!

Decrease there could be attributed to migration; many poles are leaving to the more prosperous countries for better work opportunities.

Of course, you'd expect the receiving countries' numbers to reflect that input, eh?

• vomit
    vomit

Good point ozziepost I also feel the same way about the annointed.

10 Years ago I used to ask my mother why the annointed increased sometimes.
    The reason was that some were disfellowshiped or fell away.

But if one falls and one is replaced, why the hell would it increase. Their answers for everything answers nothing.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Elsewhere On my spreadsheet I have 6,390,016 for 2005?

Unfortunately I think your estimates are optimistic.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have some analysis of the figures at http://jwfacts.com/index_files/statistics.htm

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thanks Mary,

A thoroughly enjoyable thread. It was wonderful to see Australia's zero increase (133,000 memorial attendance was a worry though).

Replica of Captain Blighs longboat (Child of Bounty):

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thanks JWFacts.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    vomit: But if one falls and one is replaced, why the hell would it increase. Their answers for everything answers nothing.

I'd always assumed one of the "anointed" fell away in Heaven, as in Beezlebub.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I don't think they can 'fall away in heaven' jgnat, being not only imortal but 'incorruptable'.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

You know, there is something I have never quite figured out. One is considered a dub when one begins to publish. Statistically that is. But one is not a dub until one gets baptized. (Is that crazy or what?) Anyway, how does that figure into these stats? Does that explain why the number baptized seems so much higher than the publisher increase?

tsof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit