2006 SERVICE REPORT - Feb 1, 2007 WT

by Mary 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I don't know how accurate this is, but just to add to this topic, check this out:

http://www.gatheringofisrael.com/gospelclock/gospelclock2002.html

(hope it works)

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Thanks so much for posting this! I have been scanning the forums, but the search feature is rubbish and I must have missed it a few days ago.

Really good news that the projected increase speculated a few months ago was above 2%... this is much more realistic.

I notice that the number of baptisms decreased by 14,000. This is lowest since 1988

Are you talking about a particular country? Because last years baptisms were 247,631. this year 248,327 which I add up to 696 increase, granted not a big one!! But still not a decrease.

Love these threads, just reassures me that given time this religion will stop altogether.

Poppy

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx Mary for posting the scan;

A quick pencil calculation of the US figures is 'encouraging' to me. On surface they 'gained' 13,000 publishers. However they baptized 29,000. Subtracting the 1% rate of standard moritorium for the population means that they actually seemed to have lost about 6000 publishers, or a net/net loss 6/10th of a percent. Compared to the 1% gain they show.

2005 = 995,000 pubs

dipped 29,000 new ones

2006 = 1,008,000 pubs

10,000 died

Should have resulted in net gain of 19,000 - but only gained 13,000 - so apparently 6000 have left for other reasons than dying.

Jeff

• Mary
    Mary

What about those that get DF'd? Anyone know how this is factored in at all? Or is this just ignored? I remember reading several years ago that on average, they axe about 60,000 a year........

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Mary - they do not post annual df's. But I would assume that any calcs to determine the reality would have to assume that numerical shifts downward include df's. Meaning that some percentage will return at some point to the numbers. But of course over time this is recurrant, so it is part of the increase that offsets the decrease or vise versa. In other words, the reinstatement figures in as part of the growth in later years. Of course, this is artificial growth in looking for new growth, but real in terms of stats.

So, if they are disfellowshipping 60K and on average 30K return by reinstatement, the number is skewed by 30,000.

Jeff

• rebel8
    rebel8

I wonder why Alaska is listed as a separate territory? I wish they would list NY separately, so we could see how well they do with the home court advantage.

I wonder how Jehoopla feels about a measly < 1% gain. Even stockholders of a company in Satan's System of Things (TM) would demand a higher growth rate. The Allmighty must be good and irritated.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Hey things look good in EAST TIMOR and the FALKLAND ISLANDS!!!! LOL.......

Maybe Teddy and the boys can apply for citizenship???

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

What was the 2005 percentage increase? Is this more or less?

• gumby
    gumby

All in all the figures are pretty dismal. They spent 1,333,966,199 hours preaching, yet the average number of publishers---which is the religions goal to increase----only increased by just over 100,000 from 2005's report.

....and out of how many congregations? What a joke!

At yesterdays meeting I was looking at all of the publishers sitting there and thought about the fact that in the 12 years I've been away, there was 2 new publishers and once again I realised what a waste of time people spend in this unproductive religion. Keep in mind that I also realised that there was more than 2 publishers that had quit coming to meetings anymore and that there were 3 others there that were DFed since I had left. I also realised that in the last 3 to 4 months that I have been going back, there are about a third who have NEVER commented nor been on the school. 7 publishers were listening in by phone and only one of them is handicapped.

Guminactive

Btw.......nice job Mary, thanks

*realises he's late for his 12 step habitual flirting problem class*

• Mary
    Mary
    kid-A said: Hey things look good in EAST TIMOR and the FALKLAND ISLANDS!!!! LOL.......

Isn't Timor where Captain Bligh landed after Mister Christian set him adrift?

What was the 2005 percentage increase? Is this more or less?

It was 1.3% last year: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/105857/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit