2006 SERVICE REPORT - Feb 1, 2007 WT

by Mary 100 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I guess it was a Special Pioneer sent there...

• Triple A
    Triple A

Wow, same number of Memorial Takers as there were in 1998.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Why is Alaska and Hawaii report separately form the rest of the US?

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

That's why they've had 2 WT studies within 6 months of each other, telling the R&F they must cut off their own flesh and blood if they "rebel" against the WTS.
    Woah, Mary !! Is this so ?? No wonder my old boy's sms' have been short, and few and far between !!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Alaska and Hawaii listed seperately always bothered me too. I can understand Puerto Rico being seperated, but not our 49th and 50th states. Watchtower always talks about being in over 200 some lands. Maybe they inflate that number by breaking down other countries into "lands" so they look more impressive to themselves.

I've never bothered to set down with a world map and find each "land" listed in their report, but perhaps this is true of other countries being split up.

Based on how dishonest they are about doctrine, why not be dishonest about this as well?

• Triple A
    Triple A

Based on how dishonest they are about doctrine, why not be dishonest about this as well?

Thanks Jayhawk. Can not argue with your observation.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

That would make an interesting project. That is setting down with a world map and locate each of these "lands" just to see if there is not some suspicious numbers. I wonder if they sneak in phantom publishers this way.

USA = 1,008,281 (average pubs.)

Alaska = 2,141

Hawaii = 7,706

But in reality, you deduct Alaska and Hawaii giving you... 998,434 average USA pubs.

And then there is Puerto Rico = 24,385

So would that mean the USA only has 974,049 pubs?

Something to ponder...

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I forgot about the US Virgin Islands = 600

So perhaps the USA only has 974,449 average publishers.

I would not put it past the Watchtower to inflate the numbers by counting people in these lands twice.

• grey matters
    grey matters

They don't count Alaskans twice. Alaska has its own branch. I believe the territory also covers Yukon Territory in Canada. The good news is that the average number of publishers has been declining for years, as the population in Alaska has grown.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Who says they don't? Do they have an independent auditing firm go over their numbers? Just because Alaska has its own branch does not mean a thing. Does Chuuk have its own branch? How about Macao?

I am not accusing them of doing this, but since when has honesty been a part of their policy?

Something to ponder...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit