2006 SERVICE REPORT - Feb 1, 2007 WT

by Mary 100 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

I didn't see anyone post this yet:

2006 total hours = 1,333,966,199

2005 average pubs = 6,390,022
    2006 average pubs = 6,491,775
    for an average increase of 101,753 pubs.

total hours / average increase (1,333,966,199 / 101,753) means they spend about 13,109 hours bringing one new publisher into the congregation.

13,109 hours.

Considering the fact that, as detailed above, the average publisher spends about eight months in service a month, another way of looking at this is that only one in 1,638 publishers brought someone into the religion; or, alternatively, that it took 1,638 people to convince one person to join. Or that there was only one new person for every 16 congregations (give or take).[Removed for inaccuracy]

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Or that there was only one new person for every 16 congregations (give or take).

UB - I didn't get some of your calcs here. But, since there are about 97,000 congos - wouldn't that mean about 1 per congo - not one per 16?

13,109 hours.

If Jesus had worked that long to make one - there would still not be 12 would there?

Jeff

• gumby
    gumby
    Considering the fact that, as detailed above, the average publisher spends about eight months in service a month, another way of looking at this is that only one in 1,638 publishers brought someone into the religion; or, alternatively, that it took 1,638 people to convince one person to join. Or that there was only one new person for every 16 congregations (give or take).

......and this this preaching work is under angelic direction guided by Jehovah's spirit.

If ANY buisness or company had this poor of a growth, they'd have closed their doors a long time ago......but when those inside continue to financially support a dead horse it can continue to operate.

The witnesses slam the mormons and claim they do not have Jehovah guiding them, yet they prosper over the witnesses and ONLY have missionaries on 10 speed bicycles that pale in number to witness preachers.

Either Jehovah and the angels are busy smoking crack, or there only handfulls of "rightously disposed" people left on the planet and it's these ones who become witnesses.........just like in Noahs day.

Gumby

• under_believer
    under_believer

AK - Jeff, sorry about that--just forget about that whole paragraph. I was confused. The rest is accurate, though.

The real new publisher per existing publisher number is actually 6,491,775 / 101,753 = 63. It takes 63 people to bring in one new one, which sounds a lot closer to the one new person per congregation that you mentioned.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Gumby, I must have missed something somewhere....

....why are you attending meetings again?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Seems to me like this is an improvement over last year. 2006-1.6% vs 2005-1.3%

You could even spin it as "a 23% increase in growth over last year" if you are a "glass half-full" type.

• gumby
    gumby

Gumby, I must have missed something somewhere....

....why are you attending meetings again?

Here ya go bro.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/118951/1.ashx

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Nauru had a 100% increase. They went from 2 publishers to 4! Must have had the kids baptized... LOL!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Damn, Gumby. I never knew. It just blows me away that you and Mary are friends.

LOL!

Good luck with that. I'm guessing you're working on re-developing your daydreaming skills (or getting rid of the rust), correct? I hope it's all worth it for you.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Don't forget the people like me that greatly exagerated my field service hours so I would not have to deal with thier "encouragement" AKA harrasment. From an accounting standpoint those numbers are so subjective because the WTS can not use any checks and balances to verify that what is reported is anything close to accurate. They rely completely on honest reporting practices and we know just how honest some of them are. Myself included at that time.

I was not the only one doing this either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit