"happy families" - NOT!!!

by winnie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

From what I have seen in life there are very few happy families. If you are happy with your life and family just enjoy it. The human race is a screwed up mess and those who have a happy life should appreciate it and nurture it. It takes a lot of work and forgiveness by both parties to keep life happy and especially love. I'm glad you are keeping yours together and wish you luck in the future.(I was refering to your husband and kids as your family)

Ken P.

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled

Welcome! We make a new family when we marry and have children and they are most important. It sounds to me like you have your head screwed on straight, a great husband, and five wonderful children. I would enjoy them and forget the rest. I know it's hard, but they sound destructive and you wouldn't want their disfunction rubbing off on your kids.

Glad to have you!

Swam

• becca1
    becca1

Looks like you are indeed the only "normal" ones in the family!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome, winnie

It's not entirely ALL their fault.

They are trapped in a cult that espouses hate while claiming to love.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wow, yep jw families are just as dysfunctional as families on the outside but me thinks that the problems of the jw family are made worst by the society culture.

I'm so glad I'm not in it and I feel sorry for family members who still are (my parents).

Josie

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Wow. And they say soap opera families are a wreck.

Thank Je---ah! You're safe here.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi winnie, and welcome to the board.

Your story has a familiar ring to it, there are many others with a similar one.

You certainly won't be treated that way on here.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Welcome Winnie, it's good to hear from you.
    Isn't it strange when you have relatives that ignore you, they punish your little children with the same behaviour. It becomes clear that the dubs can easily justify the death of innocent children at Armageddon without any qualms.

Pete

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Welcome Winnie!

No, your experience tends to be the norm. My brother has been shunning me for 3 years, starting the 4th year this month. This was due to my questioning the authority of the GB, and their right to make laws such as with blood. Many on this board have had similar experiences and it is painfully obvious that the JW’s are basically loveless and lawless!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Cant speak for everyone else but, sad that witnesses think that delivering mags at door excuses them from conduct that is reprehensible and accountable. Sad they think if the org does nothing about it then it must be ok in Jah's eyes. NOT Jehovah is not the org of men.

IS 55: 8,9

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit