"happy families" - NOT!!!

by winnie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo
    My brother in law, who is an elder by the way, boasts about his numerous schemes for gaining/saving/scamming monies dishonestly, but always has an excuse handy if questioned. Is generally a lazy 'bum' who does not want to work, lives on government handouts, knows all the 'entitlements' and how to get them, constantly criticizes and judges others, and has the nerve to preach about what good, upstanding christians they all are!

He is not the only. Many that i know have become experts in screwing the government but they continue to show their love for their neighbor by going from door to door.

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome Winnie! I think JW families have more disfunctional families than average. They can't get any professional counseling that doesn't point out that their problems are probably exacerbated by the WT Societies rules and guilt trips that the KH put on them. That makes a counselor an opposer of their truth and so they have to reject the very advice that could help them become a more normal family.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Welcome Winnie, You talk your little heart out sweetie! My heart goes out to you. It's not your fault. Just remember you're never alone! Hugs, Kitten Whiskers

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

WOW. You guys should go on Jerry Springer.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Alot of our JW family stories would be too wierd for even Jerry Springer.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Welcome, winnie!

Wow, that's quite a story! Unfortunately there are many similar stories here.

Nice to have you here!

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit